Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: It's Biden-Harris for the Dem

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So that 3rd may stay home again like 2016.
    precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I doubt it. Biden isn’t Hillary Clinton. I know a ton of Democrats who couldn’t stand Hillary Clinton. I am an Independent, but I couldn’t stand her either. They may not think that Biden is progressive enough for their taste, but they hate Trump. They will show up. Also, keep in mind that the vast majority of progressives live in solidly blue states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Biden is Hillary! He may have successfully hitched himself to the Obama wagon that gained him goodwill, but substantively, he and Hillary differ in no way, shape, or form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Biden is Hillary! He may have successfully hitched himself to the Obama wagon that gained him goodwill, but substantively, he and Hillary differ in no way, shape, or form.
    Mark this day down. We agree. Both are power hungry statist who pander for votes and don't really believe in anything unless it enriches them, their friends and gives them power.

Blog Entries

Hillary Clinton was disliked by a lot of Democrats and was loathed by Republicans in a way that Biden is not. She brought out feelings that demotivated Democrats and energized Republicans to come out and vote. Biden doesn’t do that. Biden is going to win significantly more votes than Hillary Clinton got in 2016 as a result.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Mark this day down. We agree. Both are power hungry statist who pander for votes and don't really believe in anything unless it enriches them, their friends and gives them power.
    And the same can be said for Trump and Pence.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

precisely.
    I don’t think that will happen to any meaningful extent, but if it did, and Biden lost the election as a result, those progressives who stayed home would be blamed for the loss. That would result in them losing power and influence within the Democratic Party, not gaining it.

Hillary Clinton was disliked by a lot of Democrats and was loathed by Republicans in a way that Biden is not. She brought out feelings that demotivated Democrats and energized Republicans to come out and vote. Biden doesn’t do that. Biden is going to win significantly more votes than Hillary Clinton got in 2016 as a result.

I agree with you here, but the point I'm making is that the goodwill and feelings that you're talking about fall on deaf ears within the progressive wing of the party. It's all about policy. And they are also more energized after the recent Jamaal Bowman and Cori Bush wins. If Biden doesn't make some substantial effort to show that he cares about policy, he won't energize a third of the dem party to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It should be obvious to most people, and the fact that it's not is upsetting to me as an American.

Blog Entries

And the same can be said for Trump and Pence.

"I know you are but what am I"... really?

Give me some example to prove this.

Blog Entries

It should be obvious to most people, and the fact that it's not is upsetting to me as an American.
    They're caught up in identity politics and my party is better than your party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    She didn't make it through primaries because people didn't think she could beat Trump on top of the ticket. Not that they didn't like her. They vote for her now because she will help to try to take down Trump. Brings in more women and minorities. That is what she'll add to the ticket. As well as making Pence look silly in the debates

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    She was the front-runner for a while. People did like her at one point...then she got slammed during the debates and people started looking a lot harder at her record, things she said in the past, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I agree with you here, but the point I'm making is that the goodwill and feelings that you're talking about fall on deaf ears within the progressive wing of the party. It's all about policy. And they are also more energized after the recent Jamaal Bowman and Cori Bush wins. If Biden doesn't make some substantial effort to show that he cares about policy, he won't energize a third of the dem party to vote for him.
    Biden has put out detailed policy proposals that have moved to the left to appeal to progressives. However, Biden has to be who he is, which is a moderate. Progressives have to try to win over more people in the Democratic Party and in the country if they want their policy proposals to prevail.

If progressives stay home this election, and Trump wins another term, what makes you think that moderate Democrats would show up to vote for a progressive candidate if they won the Democratic Party’s nomination in the future?