Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Anything that removes the private vote option should be out. People can be coerced when not voting in private.

Again, THIS IS HILLARY CLINTON'S CLAIM!

As for Covid, social distancing is no issue, the booths are generally at least 6 feet apart. Require masks and wipe down each booth after each voter and it is WAY safer than going to a restaurant or big box store.

The push for mail-in balloting by the left when it obviously is not necessary SCREAMS something is up.
    I think the issue isn't the booths so much as the lines to get in and vote. I'm not sure about where you're at, but all the presidential elections since I've lived here featured at least a hundred people in line if not more, and if we had all had to stand 6 feet apart, I'm not sure where they'd have put us.

I think sooner or later we'll see online voting, implemented just like wicked laid out above.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

And are volunteers. Pay them $20/hour and you will have plenty.
    They are paid, but definitely not at that rate.

How is each ballot validated?

There are not enough election judges to do in-person voting but you have enough to check each and every damn signature that comes in? To check each and every ballot is an original and not counterfeit?

And how do you validate I did not steal my neighbor's ballot and forge his signature? We don't have enough election judges but handwriting experts are aplenty?

And again, all of this completely ignores voter intimidation outside of a private booth.
    I would assume it would be a unique identifier on the ballot. If they're smart though, they would use the ballots that the optical scanners we already have can read.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I think the issue isn't the booths so much as the lines to get in and vote. I'm not sure about where you're at, but all the presidential elections since I've lived here featured at least a hundred people in line if not more, and if we had all had to stand 6 feet apart, I'm not sure where they'd have put us.

I think sooner or later we'll see online voting, implemented just like wicked laid out above.

They have lines at the box stores with indicators to mark off 6 foot distances.

This is already being done.

I would assume it would be a unique identifier on the ballot. If they're smart though, they would use the ballots that the optical scanners we already have can read.

So they will have some kind of chip on them or the like?

A printed identifier can be counterfeited as well.

And again, what do you do about voter intimidation?

6. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Anything that removes the private vote option should be out. People can be coerced when not voting in private.

Again Greg, what evidence is there that this is statistically significant? A number of states have been high percentage mail in ballots for years now with no data to support your claim.

Again, THIS IS HILLARY CLINTON'S CLAIM!

Again Greg, I read your posts for years concerning Hillary clinton. I cant remember once where you took any claim she made as true. Now all of a sudden because it fits you narrative she is spouting gospel truth?

As for Covid, social distancing is no issue, the booths are generally at least 6 feet apart. Require masks and wipe down each booth after each voter and it is WAY safer than going to a restaurant or big box store.

Yes, social distancing is an issue with COVID. the pandemic has caused a consolidation of voting precincts due to a shortage of poll workers. This is especially true in minority communities within red states (imagine that) resulting in lines that run for blocks and waits that can last for hours.

The push for mail-in balloting by the left when it obviously is not necessary SCREAMS something is up.
    You really need to reaserch some political science books with regards to Nixon and his Southern Strategy. The GOP did exhaustive studies of the parties viability back in the 60s and they concluded that the only way the GOP could remain as a viable party was thru voter suppression. Restrictions on mail in/absentee ballots was one of a number of possible courses of action determined to accomplish that goal.

7. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

I don't get wanting more voter turnout. If you can't get to your polling place once every 2 years my guess is you are not engaged otherwise to be a knowledgeable voter. And that applies regardless of side.
    Voting is among the most basic of our rights as citizens. We should do everything possible to see that each citizen has the opportunity to take part in our system.

You may feel its no big issue to show up at a polling place once every 2 years to stand in line to exercise your vote but thats not the case for every one. Do you get paid time off when voting? A huge percentage of the population does not. Do you work night shift where standing in a line for hours means you get no sleep on election day? Are you a single head of household where you get up at 630AM to prepare meals, get kids to day care, go to work, pick up kids from day care, have to prepare a meal, supervise homework, baths, and who knows what else each day? The goal should be to encourage participation, not make it harder than it has to be.

IMHO the GOP (I am an ardent Independent) is going out of its way to make voting harder.Yeah, they may have issues for a cycle or 2 after letting everyone vote but they will become to responsive to the people. Same with democrats who will find it impossible to placate everyone, therefore creating disapointment in their ranks. It will force more governing and less polarization in the long run. Who knows, if that were to occur maybe even Wicked would find a little confidence in our government

They have lines at the box stores with indicators to mark off 6 foot distances.

This is already being done.
    You still need the physical space to do it though (and for people to respect it)

So they will have some kind of chip on them or the like?

A printed identifier can be counterfeited as well.

And again, what do you do about voter intimidation?
    Hope they get a low roll on their intimidation check of course

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    You really need to reaserch some political science books with regards to Nixon and his Southern Strategy. The GOP did exhaustive studies of the parties viability back in the 60s and they concluded that the only way the GOP could remain as a viable party was thru voter suppression. Restrictions on mail in/absentee ballots was one of a number of possible courses of action determined to accomplish that goal.
    Uh, yeah, thanks for your "advice" but I am aware of that. It is not pertinent to this 2020 cycle, but thanks. And it isn't germane to this discussion. When the rules would be the same for everybody it isn't voter suppression. That is, unless showing up in person is too difficult. And if it is, as I noted, that voter isn't probably that interested and isn't paying much attention, REGARDLESS OF SIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Voting is among the most basic of our rights as citizens. We should do everything possible to see that each citizen has the opportunity to take part in our system.
    Rights have to be exercised. Showing up every other year isn't that much to do.

You still need the physical space to do it though (and for people to respect it)
    If stores can do it the government should be able to.

Hope they get a low roll on their intimidation check of course

I have no idea what this means beyond a massive punt that was shanked for little distance. Your non-answer is noted.