Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    If you can’t see how it’s primed for fraud anD inaccuracy, then I can’t explain it to you. Nor do I feel like wasting my time in what will clearly be a fruitless endeavor.
    Great answer. Sounds like someone who doesnt have an answer.

2. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    And yet amazon does not deliver those packages. So there must be a reason, and the reason is it’s cheaper to pay someone else. There is simply no way the usps is making enough money from delivery of packages of amazon to make up the drop off in regular mail due to the pandemic
    USPS may well be losing money throughout the pandemic. There are not many businesses that aren't. That doesnt mean that delivery of Amazon packages are not profitable. Are you suggesting that since the USPS is losing money as a result of the pandemic they should increase prices of their largest customer to cover all losses? If so I hardly think that is much of a business model.Thats like asking me to pay $500.00 for a carry out meal at my favorite dinner spot cause business is down.

The reason Amazon uses USPS to deliver is because it probably is cheaper than doing it themselves. Its called subcontracting...businesses do this all the time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    USPS may well be losing money throughout the pandemic. There are not many businesses that aren't.
    They have been losing many for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    They did not send half a million ballots to dead people “and the like”. Please improve your reading comprehension. A small # of the ballots were sent to dead people “and the like”, and would have been caught in the validation process, which is done when the ballots are sent in.

Why the rush to mail-in? Couldn’t possibly be a pandemic. No, of course not.
    They sent out a half million bad ballots. Do I need to list all of the issues with them? And if they can't verify going out the door how will them coming in?

I can go to Lowes and get stuff but can't go to a polling place where social distancing is much easier and wiping down of everything more consistent than the plumbing aisle at Lowes?

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If you, as we do in Carroll County, mark a paper ballot that is then read by a machine you get the speed of the machines regarding counting but the backup of the paper ballots should there arise any concern.

And the electronic machines are only at risk if they are connected to the internet. If you run them as individual networks at each polling facility then direct connect to the master server when done (via a dedicated line or whatever, not an expert so others may be able to speak better on it) then there is little chance a hacker could access.
    This not true across the United States. In fact Pennsylvania, Texas, and Florida all use electronic voting machines with no paper backup. In addition, although voting machines aren’t supposed to be connected to the internet they can be and frequently are.
    Posting Rate: One post per month Lurking Rate: Twelve times a day

6. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

So you don''t believe some voters (elderly, abused women, etc) haven't been bullied into voting a certain way? After all, Hillary claims it happened in private voting booths. MUCH more likely in a private home.
    Really???? Your really grasping at straws here. Do you have any actual evidence of any of this (besides MAYBE statisticaly insignificant numbers) other than the claim of a woman you put no faith in when it comes to any other statement she has made?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The whole “hacking an election “ meme is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why?

8. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

If the USPS is losing money on Amazon packages they should up the rates to cover them, but the government is too stupid to figure this out.
    I cited the 2017 annual audit of the USPS that was accepted by the Treasury Dept. It shows a roughly 22% profit margin in dealings with Amazon.

So you don''t believe some voters (elderly, abused women, etc) haven't been bullied into voting a certain way? After all, Hillary claims it happened in private voting booths. MUCH more likely in a private home.
    I don’t buy that even if this was happening it would happen more or less with mail in ballots. If you’re going to bully someone into voting a certain way you demand proof whether it is in the form of a mail in ballot, voting receipt, or picture taken by phone. All equally easy to verify and manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    This not true across the United States. In fact Pennsylvania, Texas, and Florida all use electronic voting machines with no paper backup. In addition, although voting machines aren’t supposed to be connected to the internet they can be and frequently are.
    Hence what I said. Please re-read:

If you, as we do in Carroll County, mark a paper ballot that is then read by a machine you get the speed of the machines regarding counting but the backup of the paper ballots should there arise any concern.

Note the "If" and "as we do in Carroll County" noting I get that other places do it differently.

And if hacking is a concern they should be disconnected from the internet.

Hence what I said. Please re-read:

Note the "If" and "as we do in Carroll County" noting I get that other places do it differently.

And if hacking is a concern they should be disconnected from the internet.
    I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong, I was letting you know that your local sample set was too small and once given more information you would understand my original concern better and perhaps reconsider your premises.

12. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

We have used in person voting just fine for 2.5 centuries. Why the rush to mail-in now? I think I have an idea why. When only one party is pushing for this the alarm bells should go off.
    Maybe that little "hoax" that has killed over 160,000 in the last 5 months has fast tracked an idea that has been debated for 20 years now. And who says its only one party pushing for the mail in availability. Our president himself just stated the other night that mail in was fine for Florida. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, his advisers pointed out to him that Florida has the oldest population of any state in the country. An age block that is firmly supportive of his reelection. That sowing fear and distrust in mail in voting with that demographic, at a time when many older folks are scared to venture outside because of COVID, could hurt his chances of taking the state? I mean for Gods sakes this is Florida we are talking about. The model for how not to run elections.

Akums razor.... i believe this whole mail in voting issue is nothing more than a political party trying to gain what it believes to be an advantage in its attempt to gain/hold power. The president himself said as much. Shame each side is so willing to trample on the constitutional rights of citizens in the quest for power when it suits them. We shake our heads at the Shias vs Sunnis, Turks vs Kurds, yet I submit to you that dems and repubs (both the parties and their rabid followers) are no better.