Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    How would counterfeit ballots be an issue? You can't just print up ballots with names, addresses, and check marks on them. They go through a process that includes signature verification.

Stolen ballots would prevent someone from voting by mail, but, for the same reason, would not result in an invalid ballot being counted.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...1066314b3.html

I don't claim to know the motivation of the current Postmaster General, who has no relevant experience, but did write a big check to a certain campaign, which surely makes this situation smell bad. And the incessant nonsense about Amazon costing USPS a lot of money is way past its expiration date. Amazon does most of the work for those packages, including sorting them down to the carrier route and delivering them directly to the 20 USPS sorting centers. Delivering those packages is the easiest money the USPS can make.
    And yet amazon does not deliver those packages. So there must be a reason, and the reason is it’s cheaper to pay someone else. There is simply no way the usps is making enough money from delivery of packages of amazon to make up the drop off in regular mail due to the pandemic

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Well Greg I guess I dont, and either do the numerous commissions and panels and congressional committees who have investigated voter fraud and intimidation and come away empty. The fraction of incidents appears to be minute according to any group who has explored the issue.
    So you don''t believe some voters (elderly, abused women, etc) haven't been bullied into voting a certain way? After all, Hillary claims it happened in private voting booths. MUCH more likely in a private home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Not completely accurate. They can only be hacked remotely if they're connected to a network. They can be compromised in person though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Well this applies to ANY process. Mailed in ballots cast anywhere are a lot more rife for abuse regardless of how some spin it.

How would counterfeit ballots be an issue? You can't just print up ballots with names, addresses, and check marks on them. They go through a process that includes signature verification.
    Why not? You get one that is mailed and copy it. How hard is that? There will likely be sample ballots online that will have instructions on how to use them. These will be available weeks before, probably.

Even if they are caught and sorted from real ones imagine the confusion.

This is just a bad idea.

Stolen ballots would prevent someone from voting by mail, but, for the same reason, would not result in an invalid ballot being counted.
    Not if I stole your ballot, used it, then sent it in.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    And yet amazon does not deliver those packages. So there must be a reason, and the reason is it’s cheaper to pay someone else. There is simply no way the usps is making enough money from delivery of packages of amazon to make up the drop off in regular mail due to the pandemic
    Actually the real reason is Amazon does not have the capacity to ship all of its stuff. To do so would require billions.

If the USPS is losing money on Amazon packages they should up the rates to cover them, but the government is too stupid to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why not? You get one that is mailed and copy it. How hard is that? There will likely be sample ballots online that will have instructions on how to use them. These will be available weeks before, probably.

Even if they are caught and sorted from real ones imagine the confusion.

This is just a bad idea.

Not if I stole your ballot, used it, then sent it in.
    [/smh] Only if you can forge my signature. Mailed ballots go through a validation process, as explained in the link you apparently ignored.

Actually the real reason is Amazon does not have the capacity to ship all of its stuff. To do so would require billions.

If the USPS is losing money on Amazon packages they should up the rates to cover them, but the government is too stupid to figure this out.
    Or ISPS already confirmed that they’re making money on those packages.

Amazon is building up their own delivery fleet, but that’s a multi-billion $ investment, plus hiring drivers. It will take years.
    Last edited by moose10101; 08-10-2020 at 06:47 PM.

They have a bad model because they have to serve everywhere 6 days a week. So they mind as well take Amazon packages to offset that cost

[/smh] Only if you can forge my signature. Mailed ballots go through a validation process, as explained in the link you apparently ignored.
    AGAIN, you can validate until the cows come home but it won't affect THE VERY THING CLINTON SAID!

And she claimed it happened with secret balloting in booths. You are the one ignoring takes.

And as I type VA just sent out half a million bad ballots to dead people and the like. Who validated those?

We have used in person voting just fine for 2.5 centuries. Why the rush to mail-in now? I think I have an idea why. When only one party is pushing for this the alarm bells should go off.

AGAIN, you can validate until the cows come home but it won't affect THE VERY THING CLINTON SAID!

And she claimed it happened with secret balloting in booths. You are the one ignoring takes.

And as I type VA just sent out half a million bad ballots to dead people and the like. Who validated those?

We have used in person voting just fine for 2.5 centuries. Why the rush to mail-in now? I think I have an idea why. When only one party is pushing for this the alarm bells should go off.
    They did not send half a million ballots to dead people “and the like”. Please improve your reading comprehension. A small # of the ballots were sent to dead people “and the like”, and would have been caught in the validation process, which is done when the ballots are sent in.

Why the rush to mail-in? Couldn’t possibly be a pandemic. No, of course not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    There seems to be a lot of concern that there is going to be a large scale fraud with paper ballots but there seems to be no concern with electronic voting machines. Why is that? It has been shown that they are vulnerable to cyber attacks with little effort. Why would a foreign country or any organization prefer to alter an election with verifiable paper trails rather than changing votes electronically where there is no way to verify the results have been changed?
    The whole “hacking an election “ meme is absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    So what have u done about your wifes uncle? The man is stealing is he not? Have you reported him? If not, i guess that makes you part of the problem does it not? The post office isnt bad, Im sorry to say this but people like your wifes uncle are bad.

Government at all levels will work if we the people force accountability. In order to hold those in power (from alot to a little power) accountable we must demand transparancy. Not just transparancy for republicans or dempocrats but for all public servants.

The only people we have to blame for government mismanagement is ourselves.
    He’s a federal employee and has been for years. It’s impossible to get fired as a federal employee.

And yea...he’s shitty for taking advantage of it. He’s not the only one though. There are hundreds of thousands of federal employees that milk it. It’s a huge reason why I left the federal government. I didn’t want to be a part of that.

You know how you make people accountable? Get rid of the culture of keeping people employed who aren’t good at their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.