Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

The US Postal Service is everything that's wrong with the federal government. They can't compete with Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc. They're a bloated organization with a ton of unskilled workers making federal salaries with federal benefits. They're horribly run.

My wife's uncle works for USPS as a project manager. He golfs every day and has told me that he only goes into his office once or twice a month.

I would rather see them cut the USPS. Like many other federal agencies and organizations, they had their place at one point...but time's change. The USPS was critical for building this country. But, it's antiquated.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    There seems to be a lot of concern that there is going to be a large scale fraud with paper ballots but there seems to be no concern with electronic voting machines. Why is that? It has been shown that they are vulnerable to cyber attacks with little effort. Why would a foreign country or any organization prefer to alter an election with verifiable paper trails rather than changing votes electronically where there is no way to verify the results have been changed?
    If you, as we do in Carroll County, mark a paper ballot that is then read by a machine you get the speed of the machines regarding counting but the backup of the paper ballots should there arise any concern.

And the electronic machines are only at risk if they are connected to the internet. If you run them as individual networks at each polling facility then direct connect to the master server when done (via a dedicated line or whatever, not an expert so others may be able to speak better on it) then there is little chance a hacker could access.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    There are what, 5 states that do voting by mail as a matter of policy, Some having done so for years without incident. Why haven't these states experienced the problems you listed? I'm every bit as concerned about the hacking of voting machines as I am about counterfeit ballots. Again, I seem to remember different voting areas reporting attempts at hacking the last election. It would seem much "cleaner" for a foreign government or their proxy to attempt a hack rather than replacing physical ballots, counterfeiting, or physically stealing ballots.

Personally, I believe in in person voting with advance voting available. Plenty of locations and ample time to cast a vote. Paper ballots that back up the electronic systems being used. I dont go for single day voting with requirements to stand in line for hours and hours in order to vote. I believe we need to make voting as available to the population as possible.
    How do you know they have not experienced problems? How do you know voters have not been intimidated and bullied into voting a certain way?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The US Postal Service is everything that's wrong with the federal government. They can't compete with Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc. They're a bloated organization with a ton of unskilled workers making federal salaries with federal benefits. They're horribly run.

My wife's uncle works for USPS as a project manager. He golfs every day and has told me that he only goes into his office once or twice a month.

I would rather see them cut the USPS. Like many other federal agencies and organizations, they had their place at one point...but time's change. The USPS was critical for building this country. But, it's antiquated.
    It would require a constitutional amendment to do so as the USPS is part of the required structure of the federal government.

I would likely support such an amendment.

5. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    President Trump’s campaign and other Republican groups sued to block Nevada from implementing a new election plan that includes automatically mailing ballots to all active registered voters this November, representing the GOP’s latest pushback against expanding voting by mail during the pandemic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...an-11596609186
    Washington mails ballots to all voters as well...Whats ur point?

6. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How do you know they have not experienced problems? How do you know voters have not been intimidated and bullied into voting a certain way?
    Well Greg I guess I dont, and either do the numerous commissions and panels and congressional committees who have investigated voter fraud and intimidation and come away empty. The fraction of incidents appears to be minute according to any group who has explored the issue.

7. Re: USPS: Good Business, Attack on Besos, or an Exercise in Voter Suppression?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

So what have u done about your wifes uncle? The man is stealing is he not? Have you reported him? If not, i guess that makes you part of the problem does it not? The post office isnt bad, Im sorry to say this but people like your wifes uncle are bad.

Government at all levels will work if we the people force accountability. In order to hold those in power (from alot to a little power) accountable we must demand transparancy. Not just transparancy for republicans or dempocrats but for all public servants.

The only people we have to blame for government mismanagement is ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It’s not the same. The proposals now are to just mail out ballots to everyone without checking if they are even still valid to vote in that area or even alive.
    Depends on where you're at. Maryland you have to request a ballot.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

If you, as we do in Carroll County, mark a paper ballot that is then read by a machine you get the speed of the machines regarding counting but the backup of the paper ballots should there arise any concern.

And the electronic machines are only at risk if they are connected to the internet. If you run them as individual networks at each polling facility then direct connect to the master server when done (via a dedicated line or whatever, not an expert so others may be able to speak better on it) then there is little chance a hacker could access.
    Not completely accurate. They can only be hacked remotely if they're connected to a network. They can be compromised in person though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The actual delivery and handling of the USPS regarding votes is a minor issue. There are numerous other issues with voting by mail.

First is counterfeit ballots. If you think Russian interference was a big deal in 2016 imagine Russia, China, and any other number of foreign countries printing up phony ballots. Or even some US group or party. Money is printed with all kinds of measures to prevent this but will these ballots?

Another issue is stolen ballots. Suppose somebody raids mailboxes of ballots?
    How would counterfeit ballots be an issue? You can't just print up ballots with names, addresses, and check marks on them. They go through a process that includes signature verification.

Stolen ballots would prevent someone from voting by mail, but, for the same reason, would not result in an invalid ballot being counted.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...1066314b3.html

I don't claim to know the motivation of the current Postmaster General, who has no relevant experience, but did write a big check to a certain campaign, which surely makes this situation smell bad. And the incessant nonsense about Amazon costing USPS a lot of money is way past its expiration date. Amazon does most of the work for those packages, including sorting them down to the carrier route and delivering them directly to the 20 USPS sorting centers. Delivering those packages is the easiest money the USPS can make.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Well Greg I guess I dont, and either do the numerous commissions and panels and congressional committees who have investigated voter fraud and intimidation and come away empty. The fraction of incidents appears to be minute according to any group who has explored the issue.
    A large majority of those incidents also involve the group that's complaining about voter fraud by the other side.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Washington mails ballots to all voters as well...Whats ur point?
    If you can’t see how it’s primed for fraud anD inaccuracy, then I can’t explain it to you. Nor do I feel like wasting my time in what will clearly be a fruitless endeavor.