Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Look Back: Lamar's MVP Season - What are your favorite plays?

There are roughly 100 to pick from... But him dancing around the Patsies on a 4th quarter play in the red zone, where 4 guys had him bottled up would be my pick... NE was being compared to the 85 bears & 2000 Ravens before that game, and he absolutely broke that team's soul. Their dynasty officially ended this past January, but felt like that primetime embarrassment was the beginning of their end.

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    How about that bomb to Boykin vs the Seahawks? that was tight!
    Underthrown.

That pass to Boykin was one if his underrated plays that he made look routine. As the season progressed, he had those more and more often... And as good as he looked at times from weeks 1 to 6, he progressed pretty dramatically just within 2019 itself. Sometimes easy to forget he lead the league in TD passes - and did it on an absurdly low amount of passes throwing to a less than HOF cast.

Quote Originally Posted by lfallo1 View Post
    Sometimes easy to forget he lead the league in TD passes - and did it on an absurdly low amount of passes throwing to a less than HOF cast.
    Since the merger, four QBs have had a season where they started 7+ games and threw a TD% of "9" or higher – that is, a TD% that displays as 9.0 in PFR (rounding):

http://pfref.com/tiny/y5Gdb
    Player Year TD%
    Peyton Manning 2004 9.86%
    Kenny Stabler 1976 9.28%
    Lamar Jackson 2019 8.98%
    Aaron Rodgers 2011 8.96%
    (Deshaun would make this list for his rookie season (9.3%!); but remember he got hurt, only started 6 games.)

Lamar in the company of Hall of Famers.

For a little more texture:

Peyton was throwing them to Marvin Harrison (Pro Bowl that year; HOF), Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Marcus Pollard & Dallas Clark.

Snake was throwing them to Cliff Branch (All-Pro), Dave Casper (All-Pro; HOF) and Fred Biletnikoff (HOF), for whom the collegiate award for best WR is named. They won the SB that year.

Rodgers was throwing to Jordy Nelson (15!), Greg Jennings (Pro Bowl), Jermichael Finley, James Jones & Donald Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Since the merger, four QBs have had a season where they started 7+ games and threw a TD% of "9" or higher – that is, a TD% that displays as 9.0 in PFR (rounding):

http://pfref.com/tiny/y5Gdb
    Player Year TD%
    Peyton Manning 2004 9.86%
    Kenny Stabler 1976 9.28%
    Lamar Jackson 2019 8.98%
    Aaron Rodgers 2011 8.96%
    (Deshaun would make this list for his rookie season (9.3%!); but remember he got hurt, only started 6 games.)

Lamar in the company of Hall of Famers.

For a little more texture:

Peyton was throwing them to Marvin Harrison (Pro Bowl that year; HOF), Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley, Marcus Pollard & Dallas Clark.

Snake was throwing them to Cliff Branch (All-Pro), Dave Casper (All-Pro; HOF) and Fred Biletnikoff (HOF), for whom the collegiate award for best WR is named. They won the SB that year.

Rodgers was throwing to Jordy Nelson (15!), Greg Jennings (Pro Bowl), Jermichael Finley, James Jones & Donald Driver.
    Damn... nice work digging up those numbers.

True it was underthrown but still had me hyped and that’s all I care about

Blog Entries

For me it was 11/25/2019 against the Rams.
    Was at The Saloon in Mt Lebanon Pa just outside the city of Pittsburgh with a group of friends and family. It’s really a great watering hole with good food, drink and big screen TVS. I remember distinctly the Ravens being favorite by only 3.5 and placed a larger bet than usual on Baltimore as our local bookie was joining us in between his business of booking. Also made side bets with a couple buddies on the tab for drinks and food. Everyone thought I was nuts. Big bad Jalen Ramsey was gonna show who was who and everyone thought the Ravens were gonna Get upset by the Rams. Lol!
    Cigar Bet!!
    Jackson 5!!!! I was saying after the game. Ate and drank for free and pocketed some cash. Enjoyed watching Lamar at work that day for sure. He was an absolute beast that game.
    Yeah, definitely one my favorite Lamer games.
    Stay safe my friends!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    For me it was 11/25/2019 against the Rams.
    Was at The Saloon in Mt Lebanon Pa just outside the city of Pittsburgh with a group of friends and family. It’s really a great watering hole with good food, drink and big screen TVS. I remember distinctly the Ravens being favorite by only 3.5 and placed a larger bet than usual on Baltimore as our local bookie was joining us in between his business of booking. Also made side bets with a couple buddies on the tab for drinks and food. Everyone thought I was nuts. Big bad Jalen Ramsey was gonna show who was who and everyone thought the Ravens were gonna Get upset by the Rams. Lol!
    Cigar Bet!!
    Jackson 5!!!! I was saying after the game. Ate and drank for free and pocketed some cash. Enjoyed watching Lamar at work that day for sure. He was an absolute beast that game.
    Yeah, definitely one my favorite Lamer games.
    Stay safe my friends!!

Actually watching that game now on NFLN

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    True it was underthrown but still had me hyped and that’s all I care about

Blog Entries

My two favorite plays are the fourth down score against the Seahawks and the ankle-breaking call by Kevin Harlan, against the Bengals. The first one was a sheer example of taking the game by the neck. The second one was like watching Allen Iverson on a football field.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said