Blog Entries

Politics Forum - Moving Forward

A Joint StatementFrom Tony Lombardi and Admin Steve

Dear Valued Members of the RSR Forums,

2020 has ushered in challenges that none of us could have expected. Our world is so divisive these days courtesy of the pandemic, civil unrest and political discord. Each topic is deserving of discussion and the free exchange of thoughts and ideas. It’s the only way to settle upon harmonious compromise – a true win-win.

Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done. Theoretically the suggestion is noble. Realistically, in a world that is ripe with polarizing viewpoints, common ground is difficult to achieve without the guidance of strong leadership. Opposing sides dig their heels in the sand and refuse to bend, refuse to seek solutions. They see the world in black and white while the grey is oftentimes where we should reside.

Here on this message board, we’ve provided a platform for the free exchange of political thought – a venue for constructive debate. Yet too often, as in most forms of social media, things turn ugly. Insults that cut are regularly tossed around.

RSR should ideally be an oasis from the world’s divisiveness. We don’t want to contribute to it. And that’s why we temporarily muted the political forums. We understand that the closure of the forum was sudden, and without prior warning being given. We apologize for that but things were getting out of hand and a place on the world wide web that was supposed to be an escape, instead, became a prisoner of hostility.

We needed to let it depressurize while we discussed its future.

After further consideration we have decided to conditionally reopen the political forums.

The condition is simply to be respectful of each other. Let us be, together, what the world seemingly can’t be. A place for the free flow exchange of ideas that open our minds and broaden our perspectives for the greater good.

In case moderation is required, it will be handled by the two of us.

Thanks so much in advance for your cooperation.

All the very best, and GO RAVENS!

Tony Lombardi and Admin Steve
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Politics Forum - Moving Forward

Thanks. Of course more football news would solve half of this, but that's out of your control too.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Politics Forum - Moving Forward

Tony and Steve, thanks for being responsible managers. This gets my vote :

... Bc

Seems like a reasonable approach. Things were definitely getting heated down there.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thank you Tony and Steve.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thank you!!!
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

You did the right thing and you continue to do the right thing.

Blog Entries

Thanks Tony. I always thought this was one of the best, most civil, sports sites around. I appreciate you and you team’s redirection towards civility.