Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Stacked and Pissed

[QUOTE=Laxdad24;1922876]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Dirt wants him a “Hon”! Lol. Middle River ? No poop. I’m from Dundalk or as my kids call it “ the Dirty D”. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL.....I was a Broening Hwy kid, myself. Just up the hill from the old GM plant.

Re: Stacked and Pissed

[QUOTE=blueridgemtnman;1922879]
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

LOL.....I was a Broening Hwy kid, myself. Just up the hill from the old GM plant.
    Hell yeah. Small world.

Blog Entries

Y'all better siddown now, 'cuz The Mathematician Others All Quote1 is also from The Biggest Dundalk In The Multiverse2. I still get down there regularly to do the Greater Dundalk Cheap Stuff Run3.
    Y'know, I knew there musta bin a reason I liked youse guise in spite of your obvious shortcomings as sentient life-forms4...

1 Half-fast forward to 0:08 for the reference.

2 The original, in County Meath, Republic of Ireland, has about 1/3 the population, many if not most of whom are supported by brewing Harp Lager. When I was through there on the Dublin-Belfast train many years ago, the train station was tucked into one corner of the brewery - which sounds
    a propos for the Auld Sod.

3 Ollie's, Big Lots, ALDI's, Save-A-Lot, Dollar Tree, DJ Liquidators. "And there may be many others but they haven't been discarvard" (another Tom Lehrer quote - your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to find the source ).
    4 It could be woyse - yinz could be Squealers fans. And - had Dad's older brother not moved to Balmer Merlin Hon in the late 1930s (long & mostly uninteresting story) - I coulda growed up in Cleveland
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

4. Re: Stacked and Pissed

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    "And there may be many others but they haven't been discarvard" (another Tom Lehrer quote - your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to find the source ).
    Seems quite elementary.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Laxdad24;1922892]
    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post

Hell yeah. Small world.

We didn’t have much growing up, but I still had a very happy childhood. A lot of good people, who ended up having a lot of problems as they got older.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Y'all better siddown now, 'cuz The Mathematician Others All Quote1 is also from The Biggest Dundalk In The Multiverse2. I still get down there regularly to do the Greater Dundalk Cheap Stuff Run3.
    Y'know, I knew there musta bin a reason I liked youse guise in spite of your obvious shortcomings as sentient life-forms4...

2 The original, in County Meath, Republic of Ireland, has about 1/3 the population, many if not most of whom are supported by brewing Harp Lager. When I was through there on the Dublin-Belfast train many years ago, the train station was tucked into one corner of the brewery - which sounds

3 Ollie's, Big Lots, ALDI's, Save-A-Lot, Dollar Tree, DJ Liquidators. "And there may be many others but they haven't been discarvard" (another Tom Lehrer quote - your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to find the source ).
    4 It could be woyse - yinz could be Squealers fans. And - had Dad's older brother not moved to Balmer Merlin Hon in the late 1930s (long & mostly uninteresting story) - I coulda growed up in Cleveland
    Loba, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Much respect Sir Loba! You and BC are certainly the elder , wiser Statesmen of this place!

Shame you can’t make a stop at Capt. Harvey’s part of the trip anymore.

[QUOTE=Dirt1;1922930]

We didn’t have much growing up, but I still had a very happy childhood. A lot of good people, who ended up having a lot of problems as they got older.

Absolutely. I’m still close friends with guys i met in Elementary school. Times sure have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Will never understand hating a guy who’s job is to make controversial statements
    Ppl don't like listening to things that don't fit with their own ideas, it's why a lot of ppl self isolate into various group bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Dirt wants him a “Hon”! Lol. Middle River ? No poop. I’m from Dundalk or as my kids call it “ the Dirty D”. Lmao.

Gray Manor part of Dundalk. I still remember the smell from Ollie's. And the yeast plant.

I was always a bit of a fish-out-of-water as a Dundalkian. But the first house I bought was in Glen Burnie so... it's still home.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 08-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With Andrews and Ingram getting injured, I still don't understand why Hurst and Gus (who had an outstanding game vs. the Steelers in the last regular season game) weren't called upon more (?) Both of those guys were fresh as they weren't over-used during the regular season and we had a BYE week to boot... Bc
    I asked an NFL player about this.....no answer. The cult of playing injured in the NFL is so strong that it is cultivated even when it seems illogical. That these guys got the team where is is, and that they wanted to play, means they play.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With Andrews and Ingram getting injured, I still don't understand why Hurst and Gus (who had an outstanding game vs. the Steelers in the last regular season game) weren't called upon more (?) Both of those guys were fresh as they weren't over-used during the regular season and we had a BYE week to boot... Bc
    I was furious about that for months after the playoff loss. What is the point of having depth if you are afraid to play those guys when your team has injuries? So, “next man up” and “big truss” never really had any meaning for the Ravens coaching staff.

Both Ingram and Andrews were too injured to be effective. Maybe give them a chance to play in the first quarter, but after that it was clear that that they weren’t ready to play. The Ravens coaching staff should have had more trust in Gus and Hurst. That’s two years on a row where a playoff game was lost due to bad coaching decisions.