Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The One Move I Disagree With by Decosta

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I won't actually worry about holes in the roster until September.
    And you won't have to worry about them come October - by then there'll be so many COVID cases in the NFL that the typical roster will look like Swiss cheese & the season will be "suspended," in all likelihood never to be resumed unless they shift to 7-on-7 two-hand touch. /debbiedowner
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

The Washington Football Team released running back Derrius Guice on Friday night

Maybe this is a chance for DeCosta to get value from trading Gus Edwards
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Maybe this is a chance for DeCosta to get value from trading Gus Edwards
    I see the logic. But I think DeCosta is going to hold onto eveyr player he can, with the Covid uncertainty. Depth might be more important this year than ever.

Top half of round 1??? Maybe 5-6 years ago. Someone is going to have to be Saquon to be a top half of round 1 back until something changes anytime soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    DJ Fluker has the most "recent" OT experience at the NFL level.
    With that being said it was a long time ago in terms on the NFL; Fluker's rookie and sophomore season's were at RT:

2013-OVR-69.3-PASS BLOCKING-66.2-RUN BLOCKING-70.7

2014-OVR-72.1-PASS BLOCKING-69.7-RUN BLOCKING-74.7

Another positive is that he was paired w/ current Raven's OL coach Joe D.

2nd up at OT *almost by default* i guess would be Tyre Phillips because he was a college LT. Everyone seems to assume that he will be a guard for the Ravens but lets not forget that he graded out well at LT in the SEC.....and that's not nothing.

There's a decent chance that Fluker is going to be starting OG though and that would make Phillips 1st up at OT....a rookie....that's kinda scary...especially since most consider him a OG transition prospect.

If Fluker is 'tied' w/ another player at OG would Fluker then 'lose' the OG competition to 'win' the swing OT spot?

Anyhow those are my tired Saturday morning ramblings...on our lack of OT depth
    Vinny mentioned that Fluker took some reps at RT (back-up) today
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

The thing for me is there are certain things I don't really hold against a GM. I may have a preference for a player but at the end of the day even the times I am right there are many more times I am often wrong.

People often have selective amnesia when that happens. I may have been right on taking Ridley over Hurst. I may have been right on Goedart. But I was also dead wrong on Orlando Brown. I was also wrong on firing Marty.

Where I will hold things against him is the things he should have saw coming a mile away. Like the Thomas contract who the player admitted himself at the time we signed him we overpaid.

I also had issues with the release of Canady which I never understood or why Board still to this day has a roster spot. Other then the Thomas contract the other stuff is minor really and even his contract won't matter much if he keeps hitting homeruns in the draft. We will have to see.

Did I write one?? I meant to write "the TWO moves I disagree with by Decosta"

somehow the system deleted a whole page of reasons the Earl Thomas signing won't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Did I write one?? I meant to write "the TWO moves I disagree with by Decosta"

somehow the system deleted a whole page of reasons the Earl Thomas signing won't work out.
    Censorship? Nah, probably a bug.
    He didn’t fit what we are doing now but then neither would have it for Ed Reed in his prime. Which is a shame, as Reed is the GOAT.
    Our system devalues pure FS.

We keep hearing that Earl wasn't released just because of one fight. There was a list of problems dating back to last year that led to it and it seems like the Ravens were building a case against him for a while.

With that in mind, was it a mistake on DeCosta's part not to bring in an experienced safety when they were available or draft one before the 7th round?

Maybe Elliot will stay fit or perhaps PFF were right about Stone but it's quite a gamble for a defense that's built on the secondary. If removing Thomas while keeping his salary has been the plan for a while, shouldn't DeCosta have prepared better?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    We keep hearing that Earl wasn't released just because of one fight. There was a list of problems dating back to last year that led to it and it seems like the Ravens were building a case against him for a while.

With that in mind, was it a mistake on DeCosta's part not to bring in an experienced safety when they were available or draft one before the 7th round?

Maybe Elliot will stay fit or perhaps PFF were right about Stone but it's quite a gamble for a defense that's built on the secondary. If removing Thomas while keeping his salary has been the plan for a while, shouldn't DeCosta have prepared better?
    I think the Ravens would have drafted a safety if they were BPA at one of their earlier selections.

And I think they must have faith in DeShon.

Blog Entries

We don't know that DeCosta wasn't trying to rectify the situation...there were tons of rumors about Jamal Adams all the way back to midseason last year. Many liked the idea but at the same time thought it didn't make a lot of sense, but in hindsight with what has come out, I'd say it's a safe bet that those rumors were indeed true and the price tag for trading for him was just too far out of what they were willing to pay.

Reaching for need has gotten them in trouble in the past in the draft...they may have taken Delpit if he had lasted to their pick in the 2nd.

Above all I don't think they intended to release Earl in 2020. I think they would have continued to put up with the problems but once he got physical with Clark, that forced their hand. So I don't think they planned or expected to go into 2020 without ET.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

How could EDC have known at that time how this would blow up now? Sure there were signs, but not enough until until the fight with Chuck Clark that became the straw that broke the camel's back... Bc