Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I feel like Frank Walker became more of a meme here, lol. I def play into it. But you're right, we've def had worse

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    He was known to commit the dumbest penalties at the worse possible time. Just killed them on key drives.
    Also spit in a players face allegedly

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was known to commit the dumbest penalties at the worse possible time. Just killed them on key drives.
    Also spit in a players face allegedly
    I still hate Frank Walker. I’m surprised that anyone who saw him commit endless PI fouls would have any good feelings.

I remember on 1st play ever the kickoff against the Raiders with Bennie Thompson drilling the kick returner and getting up and getting everyone psyched. Great spteamer. The start of the Raven way. I can imagine Ray on the sidelines thinking "Damn I wanna be like Bennie".

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Jamal Lewis's 2003 season had the following offensive line:

LT - Jon Ogden - arguably the GOAT, one of his All Pro seasons
    LG - Edwin Mulitalo - middle of his tenure, started 15 games, typically solid
    C - Mike Flynn - middle of his tenure, started 16 games, called for 1 holding and 1 false start all season but was an average blocker
    RG - Bennie Anderson - 15 games, and the hidden reason why Lewis went for 2K yards rushing.
    RT - Orlando Brown - 13 games started in his return season taking over for Ethan "Turnstyle" Brooks, who started the other 3 games while Zeus was banged up.

Anderson was called for six false starts that season, uy. And he was an atrocious pass blocker. But he sure was a road grader. Him and Zeus allowed Jamal to run effectively on both sides of the line.

The following season everyone came back. Lewis only ran for 1000 yards... but his #2 Chester Taylor added 700 of his own. It was still a lethal rushing attack with garbage passing to back it up. Kyle Boller didn't help any and Mike Flynn kept stepping on his feet.
    Mike Flynn was the guy you thought was always gonna be replaced but yet there he was. Skura could be the same type

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I still hate Frank Walker. I’m surprised that anyone who saw him commit endless PI fouls would have any good feelings.
    The one thing about Frank Walker he could tackle. He just did it before the ball got there.

It’s ironic out of all the opinion on Frank walker him and Ray Lewis were the ones to hurt Hines Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I remember on 1st play ever the kickoff against the Raiders with Bennie Thompson drilling the kick returner and getting up and getting everyone psyched. Great spteamer. The start of the Raven way. I can imagine Ray on the sidelines thinking "Damn I wanna be like Bennie".
    I remember seeing an interview where ray said Bennie set the tone in practice too. they would sit on the sideline waiting for Bennie to just smack dudes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Agreed. I met and talked with him as well.

If you want the single most underrated member of that early defense, it's the guy on the other side of McCrary, Rob Burnett. He's rarely talked about anymore, but he was the one that led the 2000 defense with 10.5 sacks. Unusual for him as he was more of a jack-of-all-trades DE. He had good seasons from '97 to '01... in '01 he had zero sacks but was still a big contributor.
    Facts. Burnett was a guy who was all business. That hit on Akili Smith I'll never forget. He was the perfect compliment to Mac's speed

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    what players do we particularly recall?
    Of course:

Some of the most underrated Ravens that pop into my mind immediately:

Chris Carr
    Harry Swayne
    Anthony Weaver
    James Trapp

Ten Years from now, I think these current Ravens will be on this list

Matt Skura
    Bradley Bozeman
    LJ Fort
    Willie Snead
    Gus Edwards
    Nick Boyle

And an all-time contender for the most underrated Raven of all time.....

Anthony Levine

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Facts. Burnett was a guy who was all business. That hit on Akili Smith I'll never forget. He was the perfect compliment to Mac's speed

Looking for a clip of that hit and no luck. Anyone?

11. Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Looking for a clip of that hit and no luck. Anyone?
    https://youtu.be/Y9e_IXzRwuE?t=37

The whole thing is worth watching, but especially Hilliard getting crushed: https://youtu.be/Y9e_IXzRwuE?t=153

I also remember another sack against the Bengals resulting in a fumble that was returned for a TD, but I can't find it. Perhaps it was not against the Bengals.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Gary Baxter was someone I was very high on. He only really had 3 good years but they were all while he was on the Ravens. That kid was constantly around the ball. He would line up mostly at Corner but also as a Free Safety and in the nickel. Baxter was extremely versatile and another one of those guys who could do anything you needed. He even had 3 sacks which is pretty good coming from the secondary. The Ravens made the right call not paying him big money which is what the Browns did as the watched him get hurt for 2 years before having to retire. Baxter was the kind of player who really fit the Ravens in that post 2000 Super Bowl era