Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I've been following Leonard's career at Wisconsin. He is currently DC at Wisconsin and was a Broyles Award finalist as the nation's top assistant last year. He has already turned down head coaching opportunities to stay at his alma mater--but a hot name in coaching circles nonetheless.
    That's awesome. Happy for him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Corey Graham for his amazing play in the Mile High Miracle game.

I love me some DBs. But not Frank Walker

Blog Entries

Bennie Anderson...wasn't particularly good at anything other than run blocking straight ahead, but dude could do that with the best of them. I will always remember him from the first TC I ever went to back in 2004, signed an autograph for me, he was the biggest human I think I'd ever seen in person at that point of my life. He was around a lot of other big guys but he stood out. ENORMOUS arms.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I thought Nakamura was going to develop into a baller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I thought Nakamura was going to develop into a baller.
    Along those same lines I was stoked about Tom Zbikowski. Which was weird because I hated ND at the time due to their obnoxious fans on another more general NFL/NCAA board I went to back then. Didn't end up being much of a player though.

How about Clarence Moore? I was new to football back then, and all about big receivers. Dude was 6'6'', 220 lb guy, and his 24/293/4 in his rookie year as a 6th rounder playing with Kyle Boller in a disfunctional offense gave me high hopes that he would continue developing. The only thing he developed was alligator arms and only caught 5 passes total the rest of his career.

Edit: apparently someone made a Clarence Moore highlight video for some reason? It's 30 seconds lmao.

sidenote: I miss Scott Garceau and Tom Matte calling the games.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Zeus the First. On the football field he was a mean dude. Yeah, his unsportsmanlike conduct penalties probably cost us one playoff game, but I used to just zero in on him and watch him play. Give me five linemen with that kind of attitude, and I'll kick your ass every time.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Michael Jackson, WR, 1996-1998

He struck me a a great guy. I ran into him at some non-football function downtown once. He sat down next to me and struck up a conversation as if I was somebody. We talked for a good long while and he was as polite and modest as can be. We didn't even talk football - I never brought it up and he seemed like he just wanted to chat. It was a sad day when he was killed in that motorcycle accident.
    My first jersey. Of course, back then your only choices were MJ, Eric Turner, Vinny, or Eric Zeier. (When the backup QB is one of the main jerseys out in stores, that's probably not a good thing.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

He wasn't a starter, but a player I always liked when he was playing here was Chad Williams. Dude was a ball magnet during his few years here. I don't think he ever had a specific position, but he made quite a few plays.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Mike McCrary was always a cool dude and he sometimes gets forgotten when all the great defensive stars of the last 20+ years get talked about. Met him several times. He always was available to do charitable gatherings. Very giving of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

I love me some DBs. But not Frank Walker

He was one of the 1st to jump to my mind as well. Money down the stretch in 2012.

And since we all love that '06 defense, you have to mention Trevor Pryce. He was the secret sauce to that Defense, and they have been trying to duplicate that interior rush ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He wasn't a starter, but a player I always liked when he was playing here was Chad Williams. Dude was a ball magnet during his few years here. I don't think he ever had a specific position, but he made quite a few plays.
    He was Anthony Levine before Anthony Levine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Zeus the First. On the football field he was a mean dude. Yeah, his unsportsmanlike conduct penalties probably cost us one playoff game, but I used to just zero in on him and watch him play. Give me five linemen with that kind of attitude, and I'll kick your ass every time.

My first jersey. Of course, back then your only choices were MJ, Eric Turner, Vinny, or Eric Zeier. (When the backup QB is one of the main jerseys out in stores, that's probably not a good thing.)
    I have a Authentic Michael Jackson Jersey great receiver. That offense was amazing the D sucked though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk