Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Priest Holmes. Man he was a great player.

It’s easy to forget what a freak of nature Adalius Thomas was but I’ll never forget the way he was utilized by Rex Ryan. Great article below. Splitting out wide to cover Chad Johnson...

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3641284

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Daryl Smith
    Signed to a one year deal to bridge the loss of Ray and ended up sticking for several years

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Jamie sharper underrated playmaker
    And Bennie Thompson didn't get enough credit for what he did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Ahh Bennie Thompson, the Cowboy Bob Orton of the Ravens -- forever a cast.

Derrick Cullors.

It's 1996. Preseason. Memorial Stadium. The Packers are the opponent. The Ravens "caw" blaring out the speakers.

I'm with a friend, surreal-ly watching a Baltimore NFL game.

Derrick Cullors, a running back out of Murray State. My friend noted him earlier. Sure enough, now Cullors was flashing.

Twenty-five years later, whenever a players flashes in preseason my friend and I will look at one another, nod, and say to each other, "Derrick Cullors."

I liked Courtney upshaw and kamar Aiken idk why they just stick out as underrated to me

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    I liked Courtney upshaw and kamar Aiken idk why they just stick out as underrated to me
    Upshaw was one of the best edge setters the Ravens have ever had, and he was the guy that stripped LaMichael James in Super Bowl XLVII. He should have won another Super Bowl with the Falcons. His stats aren't gaudy because he wasn't a good pass rusher; however if you did a redraft of the 2012 draft I'd still have him (later) in round 2.

Upshaw lasted all of six seasons in the league; you'd think that's not good, so here's an interesting stat. Out of all the players drafted in 2012, there are 80 that are still active beginning their ninth season. There are about 30 more that lasted 6-8 years including Andrew Luck and Luke Kuechly. That essentially straddles the end of round three.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 08-07-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Priest Holmes. Man he was a great player.
    Imagine if they could have retained him... but there was no way he was going to share a backfield with Jamal Lewis.

I know everyone gives him a bad rap for partying and possibly not meeting his full potential but I’ll never forget the TC i attended as a kid. Everyone always lead me to believe CMac was a bad dude, but I remember him specifically taking off damn near every thing except his clothes and giving it to the kids at camp. Im talkin wristbands, gloves, shoes, towels, even gave some kids footballs. I remember even thinking then, wow, i guess everyones not always what they are made out to be. Seemed like a genuinely good dude who cared about the kids.
    All ravens fans are right about something

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Great topic and the list is endless of memorable players; especially those that contributed under the radar.

One player that comes to mind is BJ Sams. Had a few serviceable years here, but at my son's first training camp, when he was 3 years old and too shy to ask for autographs, Sams approached him and offered to sign the mini-football I had just bought. Still have it in the sports room; Billick added his autograph later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I loved me some Jim Leonhard!
    Safety with the Bills. they cut him. we offered him a tryout.
    ended up starting, calling db signals, and returning some punts.
    2008 division @ Tennessee he forces one fumble and recovers another.
    went with Rex to the Jets. got paid. good for him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I've been following Leonard's career at Wisconsin. He is currently DC at Wisconsin and was a Broyles Award finalist as the nation's top assistant last year. He has already turned down head coaching opportunities to stay at his alma mater--but a hot name in coaching circles nonetheless.