Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Players you Particularly Remember

whilst waiting for some actual play
    let's reminisce
    what players/games do we particularly recall?

I'll go with Jameel Mclain. grew up poor in Philadelphia; went to Syracuse on scholarship; undrafted; invited here and made team as UDFA (the only one that year)
    has a spot in the record book for recording two safeties in his rookie year (Ray only had one in his career!)
    played STs and eventually on D.
    injured when the team won the 2012 SB but got a ring. played a bit for the Giants before retiring. now works in the Ravens front office.
    great story, great character guy.
    I guess another example of Ray Lewis elevating an obscure player (Dannell Ellerbe, Will Demps).

any favorite player / Ravens stories?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Kemo- met him through my job at the time: Saw him out downtown many times after, genuine great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie sharper underrated playmaker
    And Bennie Thompson didn't get enough credit for what he did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. Re: Players you Particularly Remember

Chad Williams #49

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    let's reminisce

I'll go with Jameel Mclain. grew up poor in Philadelphia; went to Syracuse on scholarship; undrafted; invited here and made team as UDFA (the only one that year)
    has a spot in the record book for recording two safeties in his rookie year (Ray only had one in his career!)
    injured when the team won the 2012 SB but got a ring. played a bit for the Giants before retiring. now works in the Ravens front office.
    I guess another example of Ray Lewis elevating an obscure player (Dannell Ellerbe, Will Demps).

Always liked this guy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I loved me some Jim Leonhard!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Duane Starks. Very solid CB but got overshadowed by C-Mac and other Ravens defensive stars during his time on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    let's reminisce

As a 'Cuse fan, I have always been rooting for guys like Jameel, Art Jones, and Adam Terry.

Favorite Raven.

Sadly, there's very little video of his highlights in Purple & Black. You get more from his days at Florida St.

I have always felt sorry for Todd Heap.

Michael Jackson, WR, 1996-1998

He struck me a a great guy. I ran into him at some non-football function downtown once. He sat down next to me and struck up a conversation as if I was somebody. We talked for a good long while and he was as polite and modest as can be. We didn't even talk football - I never brought it up and he seemed like he just wanted to chat. It was a sad day when he was killed in that motorcycle accident.

I'm not sure I have just one. I'm more of a trenches/try hard guy so names I gravitated to early include in their careers and rooted for their success included

Kelly Gregg
    Ed Mulitalo
    Adalius Thomas
    Mike Flynn
    Will Demps