Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Players you Particularly Remember

I remember they drafted Hakamura and Zibk same draft. they sounded enthusiastic.
    I don't remember either of them having much impact. Zigby returned some kicks as I recall.
    Harbaugh type players, Safety / ST. meh.

Gaither was great for a few years. shame he didn't seem to have it together. we had him and Oher and somebody said 'bookend tackles for the next ten years'. not quite. Oher was better at RT. when we won the ring some guy from the Bengals was at LT as I recall. wasn't here long but he did what we needed him to do. earned his ring.

yeah, I wish Jarret could have gotten a ring here. great complement to Ray, stayed in his position and quietly did stuff. and laid out Hines once as I recall.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Nate Bolling

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    anyone mention Daren Stone? I remember losing the AFCC to Pitt because of his bonehead play.
    Ughhhhhh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    anyone mention Daren Stone? I remember losing the AFCC to Pitt because of his bonehead play.
    As someone who attended the 2008 AFC title game I remember vividly thinking we have a chance right before that flag. He got decleated on the first play of the game to. The savage part of that was that he was seen on TMZ at a strip club at the super bowl saying look coach a bottle of water and giving strippers shout outs that next week. No surprise that was his last snap in the NFL.

I'll never forget when we drafted Terrance Cody. That dude so was GD big I thought he would engulf entire offensive lines. In the preseason he was able to eat up two blockers, one with each hand. I thought he was going to dominate the league. Did not end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Can we hearken back to the pre-Mayflower Van days?

Oilers played a game vs Baltimore, and I saw Nesby Glasgow drop Earl Campbell behind the line of scrimmage on a sweep right, like an anti-tank missile. BOOM! Couldn't even see him clearly. Just a blue-&-white blue with an after-image of the number 25, and then Campbell crumpling.

This was probably 1983?

Nesby played in the league for 14 years! He died this past February, stomach cancer.
    I'll take your word for it, but two things I'd never put together in a sentence would be Big Earl and the word "crumpling" unless it was Isiah Robertson getting buried to the turf from Earl steamrolling him. I too thought a lot of #25, but I have zero recollection of him making Earl Campbell "crumple". I'd have to see that with my own eyes to believe it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y_KZwOq9g
    Last edited by John Morris; 08-13-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I'll never forget when we drafted Terrance Cody. That dude so was GD big I thought he would engulf entire offensive lines. In the preseason he was able to eat up two blockers, one with each hand. I thought he was going to dominate the league. Did not end as well.
    Not enough muscle under all that fat. Couldn't move anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Not enough muscle under all that fat. Couldn't move anyone.
    I’ll be kind and not post his shirtless draft combine photo.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    when we won the ring some guy from the Bengals was at LT as I recall. wasn't here long but he did what we needed him to do. earned his ring.
    Actually it Bryant McKinney from the Vikes. The Bengals guy was in 2008 who played RT.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Actually it Bryant McKinney from the Vikes. The Bengals guy was in 2008 who played RT.
    That guy was All Pro level when he wanted to be. He just wasn't always there. Lightning in a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Favorite Raven.

Sadly, there's very little video of his highlights in Purple & Black. You get more from his days at Florida St.
    Yep. A senior had 52 so I snatched 58 as he was my second favorite raven at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    yr right.

I didn't get to see it but we hand a MNF game against the Luv Ya Blue Oilers and we dominated them. I would love to have seen that.
    maybe that was the Earl Campbell play.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)