Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is College Football happening this year?

I see PAC 12 players are threatening to hold out. Every conference seems to have their own plan. There’s critical millions at stake but the players don’t see a nickel.

Can they be persuaded to play this year while others are being asked to stay home? I think they know they have leverage but it’s the path to the pros
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 08-04-2020 at 07:32 PM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

2. Re: Is College Football happening this year?

Who knows? It appears that they're opening up K-12 schools, so I would guess yes. I also see that there's pro baseball on TV and other sports, and that's now.

Re: Is College Football happening this year?

I have my doubts!

Blog Entries

I very much doubt it. They may try but young people being young people I’m not sure how long that lasts.

5. Re: Is College Football happening this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I very much doubt it. They may try but young people being young people I’m not sure how long that lasts.
    They can't even get professional athletes to distance enough to avoid COVID (see: Marlins, Cardinals).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    They can't even get professional athletes to distance enough to avoid COVID (see: Marlins, Cardinals).
    OrganizedChaos21 said it well. If they can't even get professional athletes, grown men who have children at home, to pull their heads out of their asses, what makes anyone think that they'll be able to get college kids to do it?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I believe the SEC will try to at least have league play. It’s their entire bankroll

Blog Entries

They can try to make them but unless you seriously think you can play in the NFL why would you play? That’s a ton of risk for kids who don’t get paid.

Blog Entries

Among complaints from Colorado State athletes staffers: Coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing

10. Re: Is College Football happening this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Among complaints from Colorado State athletes staffers: Coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing
    If CSU is going through such measures to keep the show on the road, why aren't they giving the players the Hydroxychloroquine, or just Tonic Water to drink every day?

Leaving aside the argument over whether that works, you'd think they'd use it because they're leaning so strong to getting the show on the road, and that would mean taking uncertain prevention steps. There's enough out there for them to think that HCQ / Quinine might work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They can try to make them but unless you seriously think you can play in the NFL why would you play? That’s a ton of risk for kids who don’t get paid.
    If I remember correctly, the amount of D-1 players who make the NFL any given year is 2%. If schools start trying to come for scholarships, they had better make sure that they are squeaky clean or they will be opening a can of worms.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If I remember correctly, the amount of D-1 players who make the NFL any given year is 2%. If schools start trying to come for scholarships, they had better make sure that they are squeaky clean or they will be opening a can of worms.
    Right now the players have the university's by the balls. If what is being done in the Pac 12 gains any tractions college sports as we know them will forever change. We will absolutely have some form of football at some point this year. There is just too much money at stake not to.