Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Well, they tried for Jordan Reed so they obviously don't mind a talented but injury prone tight end but bringing in Jerrell Adams looks like that thing the Ravens do where they bring in a cheap vet to compete just in case neither of the young players emerges. It seems like they're hoping either Scarff or Wolf is TE3 next year.
    "Jordan Reed has agreed to a one-year deal with the 49ers."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "Jordan Reed has agreed to a one-year deal with the 49ers."

... Bc
    I know. I meant the fact that they went for someone as injury prone as Reed shows that injuries wouldn't necessarily put them off trying to sign Delanie Walker.

Blog Entries

I know. I meant the fact that they went for someone as injury prone as Reed shows that injuries wouldn't necessarily put them off trying to sign Delanie Walker.
    Gitcha! He will be 36 next Sunday though, but I guess as a 3rd TE he would be OK... Bc

The Ravens still appear to be pretty high on Charles Scarff. Time will tell if that's just blowing smoke, but I'd have to say he's the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The Ravens still appear to be pretty high on Charles Scarff. Time will tell if that's just blowing smoke, but I'd have to say he's the favorite.
    No waaaay. No preseason? I’d be floored if Adams doesn’t make the roster

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Makes the most sense at this point. Think the competition was really Breeland vs. Scarff, and with Breeland out... enter Scarff. I don't think he's anything spectacular but looked solid enough last year and has the benefit of having been in the system for a year already. Word is that he worked hard in the offseason and really impressed at Lamar's organized workout. If we didn't have Andrews, Boyle, and Hurst last year, I think Scarff is a guy that would have been talked about a lot more.

I take the Adams signing as a whole bunch of nothing. Just a guy to fill a spot and be insurance should Scarff or Wolf not seize an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    No waaaay. No preseason? I’d be floored if Adams doesn’t make the roster
    Why? I know he tested well but he hasn't done much in the league.
    Do you know something about Adams that I don't or is it just the lack of preseason that makes you think so? I think their familiarity with Scarff might cancel that out. They did speak well of him at times last year.

Why? I know he tested well but he hasn't done much in the league.
    Do you know something about Adams that I don't or is it just the lack of preseason that makes you think so? I think their familiarity with Scarff might cancel that out. They did speak well of him at times last year.
    It’s because Adams has NFL snaps. He’s safer he has a higher floor. And Scarff wasn’t good enough to make the team last year.

Blog Entries

It’s because Adams has NFL snaps. He’s safer he has a higher floor. And Scarff wasn’t good enough to make the team last year.
    Sorry Shrubbsy, but with Andrews, Boyle, and Hurst, did you think Scarff had any chance of making the 53 man roster? He was likely a candidate if one of our top 3 TEs went down. IOW a back-up plan... Bc

Just about every NFL backup TE, and even some starters, wouldn't have been good enough to make our roster last year.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

He doesn't know the playbook though. Scarf has a year in the system.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Adams has a grand total of 5 snaps in the last 2 years, all of which were ST snaps. What happened in 2016 and 2017 (and reports are that he was terrible) doesn't matter at this point. He's a fringe 80 man roster guy. I'd be surprised if he makes the 53, and if he does, that means some other things went wrong.