Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Replacing Hurst

I don't see anything special from these plays that you couldn't use a RB for....
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

I don't see anything special from these plays that you couldn't use a RB for....
    I think the point is of how the defense can adjust to it.

You don't have to play Ricard the way you had to play Hurst. Even if he wasn't putting up top numbers, he was still going to be on the mind of defenses in that role.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Imagine: Ingram @ Hurst spot (wingback)
    JK Dobbins @ RB (tailback)
    The use of the diamond and the power option in that game was masterful work. By far the best play calling Roman had all year was that New England game.

The B2B plays where he went power option, power option, the first with Ingram taking it nad the second with Lamar keeping it was a thing of beauty.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think the point is of how the defense can adjust to it.

You don't have to play Ricard the way you had to play Hurst. Even if he wasn't putting up top numbers, he was still going to be on the mind of defenses in that role.
    I think you’re confusing me with JZC, I’m not talking about Ricard.

I’m talking about Ingram, I don’t think you lose anything in terms of match-up in the passing game going from Hurst to Ingram.

Hurst mainly ran drag routes, flat routes, wheel routes and seams..... you lose some size on seam routes but Ingram has speed and toughness.

I don’t think you lose anything as a blocker either and you gain versatility in terms of Ingram can actually run the ball.

Would be cool to see but unlikely to happen.
    Although....Harbs:
    We'll see, it just depends what guys can do and what our offensive coaches come up with in their bag of tricks. I think it's possible. I don't think it'll be a statement, foundational-type of a personnel grouping for us, but I think it's something that could help us try to create some plays, sure."

I think you’re confusing me with JZC, I’m not talking about Ricard.

I’m talking about Ingram, I don’t think you lose anything in terms of match-up in the passing game going from Hurst to Ingram.

Hurst mainly ran drag routes, flat routes, wheel routes and seams..... you lose some size on seam routes but Ingram has speed and toughness.

I don’t think you lose anything as a blocker either and you gain versatility in terms of Ingram can actually run the ball.

Would be cool to see but unlikely to happen.
    Although....Harbs:
    Ah, yeah I was.

So you're interested in Ingram as an h-back? Interesting to say the least.

We saw Ingram run some really solid downfield routes (actual routes, not checkdowns).
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    ...So you're interested in Ingram as an h-back? Interesting to say the least.
    Yeah, I think Ingram could give the offense very close to 100% of Hayden's role within the offense.

I definitely think Ingram can make this block that Hurst "makes" here from the h-back/fullback position.

Here's Ingram from a wide split running a "drag" that's really a screen. From the Andy Reid conceptual playbook. {easy money btw...should have done this more}

We saw Ingram run some really solid downfield routes (actual routes, not checkdowns).
    Agreed...
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Im still hoping for Delanie Walker, but maybe the staff see something in Scarff who we stashed away on the PS last season? We sure do love Delaware prospects lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWMbpBBgh4&t=66s

Blog Entries

Here are the best free agent tight ends :

Delanie Walker
    Charles Clay
    Jeff Heuerman
    Ed Dickson
    Lance Kendricks
    Geoff Swaim
    Jordan Leggett

"Walker is arguably the top tight end available. He's a three-time Pro Bowler who tallied 60-plus receptions in five straight seasons from 2013 through 2017. Durability is a concern with Walker, who will celebrate his 36th birthday on Aug. 12. He played in only one game in 2018 and just seven games last season. An ankle injury ended his 2019 season in November."

... Bc

Blog Entries

Breeland cleared waivers so he's a Raven again. Won't play this year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

"Walker is arguably the top tight end available. He's a three-time Pro Bowler who tallied 60-plus receptions in five straight seasons from 2013 through 2017. Durability is a concern with Walker, who will celebrate his 36th birthday on Aug. 12. He played in only one game in 2018 and just seven games last season. An ankle injury ended his 2019 season in November."

... Bc
    Well, they tried for Jordan Reed so they obviously don't mind a talented but injury prone tight end but bringing in Jerrell Adams looks like that thing the Ravens do where they bring in a cheap vet to compete just in case neither of the young players emerges. It seems like they're hoping either Scarff or Wolf is TE3 next year.

I Imagine they will pick up at camp cut