Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

and now they've waived Jacob Breeland so they saw this coming. I thought they were high on him...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and now they've waived Jacob Breeland so they saw this coming. I thought they were high on him...
    A little more info on that.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...544004608?s=19

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I don't have much on Hurst. On the (long) list of stuff to do over the next 6 weeks is watch and chart all of his snaps.
    Nice! That is quite a bit of work for a player that's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Like others, I'm not terribly worried about losing Hurst (pending film). My memory tells me he got a lot of snaps last year in the 2nd half of blowouts, when the Ravens would come out with Boyle, Hurst, and Ricard and run at teams. Those snaps seems rather replaceable (although not with this guy, who apparently cannot block). Boyle probably does enough to take over the routes they had Hayden run. It's not like he was the first option very often anyway. I struggle to think of anything that could make Hurst unique. Both he and Boyle lined up as the H-back. All three TEs could split out wide. All three could be the in-line TE. Even the vaunted 13 stuff, there were only ~60 snaps with Boyle, Hurst, and Andrews on the field (there were quite a few more involving Ricard, but they can still throw out Andrews+Boyle+Ricard, so those aren't gone as far as I'm concerned).
    Agreed. I think Boyle is a very underrated player.

IF they wanted to replicate the 60ish - 13 personnel snaps w/ Boyle, Andrews and Hurst my unorthodox 'madden' thought/approach would be to call the same plays but with 22 personnel instead of 13 subbing Ricard in for Hurst on the blocking plays and Ingram in for pass plays and JK Dobbins would dot the I. (Or use Ingram on both run and pass plays....my thought is Ingram can make any block that Hurst could)...... When it comes to double/triple TE looks the main difference would be Ingram in 2 point stance or a "receiver" stance as opposed to a 3 point stance......and Ingram would always have to be the "3rd" person in these sets never the end man on the line or the off-set "TE".

I hope this make believe scenario makes sense....just a little take-off on using Dobbins and Ingram together.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

150% agree on Boyle.

He’s very solid. He just doesn’t have athletic upside but in this offense when Andrews fills that role he doesn’t need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They have to in order put him on injured/reserve without taking up a roster spot all through camp.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They have to in order put him on injured/reserve without taking up a roster spot all through camp.
    darn shame for such a promising prospect, could have been TE1 in the draft.

best wishes for a successful comeback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hope he clears waivers

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He’s a FB in a scheme that moves him a lot.

He motions a ton but it’s typically to different spots in the backfield.

H-Backs have more receiving responsibility than just running flats.
    He played a LOT of snaps in what Edgar Allen called the “sniffer” role. Basically a step off the line, off the outside shoulder of the end man on the line, whether that man was a TE or an OT.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He played a LOT of snaps in what Edgar Allen called the “sniffer” role. Basically a step off the line, off the outside shoulder of the end man on the line, whether that man was a TE or an OT.

Which is an H back by position but he doesn’t execute the full responsibilities of an H back due to his route running.

Think of some of the h backs we’ve seen in this lesgue. Cooley, Daniels, Walker. All could run a route tree.

Having him as a dedicated H back Is way too predictable. The sniffer role is one of his jobs as a FB.

I think he’s way too limited to be in that full H back role.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Not trying to shit on Ricard. We all know I love him.

But I just think that’s a huge mistake. Keep him as the FB and find a real Hback. It’ll allow roman to create even more mismatches.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Replacing Hurst

Here's a 3 TE formation. Hurst catches a drag on this play.

Boyle and Andrews become the double TEs - Andrews end man on the line (replaces Hurst) Boyle offset TE (replaces Andrews)

The motion/shift player could be a RB - You could have JK Dobbins in the I and motion him to shift behind the offset TE then motion him into the slot

Plenty of ways to skin this cat
    Last edited by edromeo; 08-06-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Replacing Hurst

Imagine: Ingram @ Hurst spot (wingback)
    JK Dobbins @ RB (tailback)
    Last edited by edromeo; 08-06-2020 at 05:07 PM.