Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

To compete for the 3rd tight end spot.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...tight-end-spot
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

Adams is who Hayden Hurst replaced at TE at South Carolina eh?

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-s...south-carolina

He's in the process of flaming out so I couldn't say what his chances of taking the spot are.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...9/jerell-adams

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Adams is who Hayden Hurst replaced at TE at South Carolina eh?

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-s...south-carolina

He's in the process of flaming out so I couldn't say what his chances of taking the spot are.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...9/jerell-adams
    Can you "flame out" if you were never all that great to begin with?

Pulling this eval from my post in the News thread:

I read something yesterday that said he was the fastest TE to run the 40 at the Combine, the year he came out. Here's a scouting report from 2016:

2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: South Carolina TE Jerell Adams
    by Jon Ledyard | April 19, 2016
    https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/...e-jerell-adams
    Extremely linear athlete. Upright route runner who fails to sink his hips and obtain maximum burst out of his break. Separation ability on in or out-breaking routes is poor.
    a mildly capable blocker and a field-stretcher who can win down the seam, but even that enticing combination isn’t enough to negate the many flaws that Adams also brings to the table.

The South Carolina product is a poor route runner, struggling to separate on any pattern outside of a go route. His route tree wasn’t exactly diverse as a Gamecock, but Adams appeared to painfully labor on any pattern that required a quick change of direction, throttling down into his cut with several heavy, upright strides. His inability to get separation is compounded by his lack of awareness against zone coverages, and the failure to be physical against defensive backs looking to disrupt his route down the field.
    No doubt he's improved his game some in the past 3 years (else he wouldn't still be in the league). But as a "type" he's a one-dimensional move TE with some speed, who doesn't offer much as a blocker. More of a poor man's Jimmy Graham than a poor man's Nick Boyle, if that makes sense.

Too bad we didn't draft Travon Wesco last year.

Camp body. You don’t often see a player go from barely staying on a bubble spot in the practice squad to being a big backup.

Blog Entries

I am not worried about the 3rd TE spot and I don't think the Ravens are that worried either.

They can still run there 2 TE sets w/ Andrews and Boyle.....and an unorthodox player that could pick up the Hayden Hurst "role" could be Mark Ingram. Of course Ingram wouldn't line-up in the same stance as Hurst but I think using Ingram as a Hurst substitute could be a beneficial move that would add diversity and unpredictability to the offense.

The only plays where Ingram couldn't directly substitute are the plays where Hurst was the end man of the line of scrimmage at TE and iirc he didn't line-up there that often.

Ingram could still replace Hurst in the "2nd TE role except he would likely just stand-up like a slot receiver instead of a 3 point stance.

Heck, Ingram could even get on the field in place of Ricard on some plays.....kinda like when Raiders used Marcus Allen at fullback for Bo.

Could have a diamond formation w/ Ingram on one of the wings w/ Boyle and JK dotting the Pistol I
    Last edited by edromeo; 08-04-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    ...and an unorthodox player that could pick up the Hayden Hurst "role" could be Mark Ingram.
    Oh, interesting. I had assumed Ricard was in line for more snaps.

7. Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SI
    Patrick Ricard played (deep breath)....184 snaps in the backfield, 82 as an “inline” blocker, 56 snaps in the slot, 26 snaps out wide, one snap as an offensive lineman, 139 snaps as a defensive lineman, 42 snaps on kick returns, eight on punt returns and 59 on field goal block. And ... he’s really good at all of it.
    Source

I don't know what they considered his location if he was in motion at the snap (backfield?). I haven't gotten around to charting it myself.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

8. Re: Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

16 Jerell Adams TE01 TE South Carolina 23.7 6051 247 117.5 0.0 50.9 Adams 6051 247 34.38 9.00 82.25 4.64 2.72 1.64 4.31 7.05 18 32.5 9.75

Blog Entries

For the sake of my clarity; do you mean that you assume that Ricard will get more snaps to fill the "Hayden Hurst role"

OR

Did you mean that you thought Ricard lined up more often on the line of scrimmage then in the backfield?

Either way, my thoughts here are mainly philosophical football Xs and Os thought exercise.

I don't really even think Roman is worried about replicating Hayden's role from last year.
    But IF he wanted to run the exact same plays "Hayden Hurst plays" then I think Ingram could be an 85ish % solution. The only aspect of Hurst game that Ingram can't replicate is size. And on the flip side Ingram can run the ball and Hurst, Boyle and Ricard don't provide that 'run threat' when they line-up in the backfield.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    SI[/B]]Patrick Ricard played (deep breath)....184 snaps in the backfield, 82 as an “inline” blocker, 56 snaps in the slot, 26 snaps out wide, one snap as an offensive lineman, 139 snaps as a defensive lineman, 42 snaps on kick returns, eight on punt returns and 59 on field goal block. And ... he’s really good at all of it.
    Source

I don't know what they considered his location if he was in motion at the snap (backfield?). I haven't gotten around to charting it myself.
    Nice pull, no dice on Hurst I guess?

PFF:
    500 snaps for Hurst......................530 Ingram
    —0 run snaps...............................212 run
    —255 receiving............................187 receiving
    —4 pass blocking...........................56 pass blocking
    —241 run blocking.........................75 run block

He played in the slot 50% of the time...
    I don't know if this is all snaps or just passing snaps?

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-foo...kout-candidate
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Still hope we bring in Delanie Walker.

Love Ricard and as an H-back blocker I get it, but he isn't going to be a receiving threat outside of flats. Hurst was able to sneak into some zones becuase he was a crafty route runner with good awareness. A guy like Walker makes them a little more dynamic.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Ravens Sign TE Jerell Adams

Can you "flame out" if you were never all that great to begin with?

Pulling this eval from my post in the News thread:

I read something yesterday that said he was the fastest TE to run the 40 at the Combine, the year he came out. Here's a scouting report from 2016:

2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: South Carolina TE Jerell Adams
    by Jon Ledyard | April 19, 2016
    https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/...e-jerell-adams

No doubt he's improved his game some in the past 3 years (else he wouldn't still be in the league). But as a "type" he's a one-dimensional move TE with some speed, who doesn't offer much as a blocker. More of a poor man's Jimmy Graham than a poor man's Nick Boyle, if that makes sense.

Too bad we didn't draft Travon Wesco last year.
    That is depressing. I was at least hoping he could be a road grader with his size

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!