Thread: Derrick Mason

Derrick Mason

Has anyone heard any news regarding Derrick Mason? I'm not starting any rumors or trying to stir anything up.. but a few Ravens fans have mentioned that he may not be in the Ravens plans any longer.

Personally, I think that is nuts .. and see that he is signed through the 2009-2010 season. He's only 33yo and I really like him as a Raven.

Re: Derrick Mason

The only thing I can say, is that if he is NOT a Raven next year, it's shame on the Ravens - this guy is a real warrior out there, and I, for one, would hate to see him leave! Big Mistake!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

only way he's not here is if he retires...I don't see us trading him, and we aren't going to cut him and take a cap hit. He's our only dependable WR.

I think we're discounting him from our LONG TERM plans, since we expect him to retire in the next couple years and we're going to look to our younger players to step up and develop in his place.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

He's under contract and a major contributor on offense. Lots of fans say lots of stuff, I wouldn't give it another thought.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Plans?
    You can make all the plans you want. Plans of stretching the field, scary attack weapons, bombs galore... but there is always a need/use for the dependable possession option, and Derrick certainly is that. Averages what for us? 5+ receptions/game @ 11yds per
    That may not be glamour numbers but is vital to a healthy offense.

We can use more height, and a speedster with hands, but as others are saying, it is idiotic to not keep a high priority on on a player who functions like Derrick does for us.