Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Daylon Mack Cut

Blog Entries

Re: Daylon Mack Cut

Lions waive NT Daylon Mack :

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/...t-daylon-mack/

"the Lions made this decision on Mack based on just a few days of the strength and conditioning program. Not great news for Mack’s longterm potential in the league.

*Update* Mack was waived due to a failed physical per the NFL transaction wire."

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Lions waive NT Daylon Mack :

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/...t-daylon-mack/

"the Lions made this decision on Mack based on just a few days of the strength and conditioning program. Not great news for Mack’s longterm potential in the league.

*Update* Mack was waived due to a failed physical per the NFL transaction wire."

... Bc
    Can the Ravens put him on the Practice Squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Can the Ravens put him on the Practice Squad?
    I'm no expert, but since he's only in his 2nd year, I believe they can... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm no expert, but since he's only in his 2nd year, I believe they can... Bc
    Since I presume they Ravens initially cut him account of his physical conditioning why would the want him back now that another team has released him account of a failed physical?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Since I presume they Ravens initially cut him account of his physical conditioning why would the want him back now that another team has released him account of a failed physical?
    They drafted him. He might not be in good enough shape to make the team right now, but maybe he could work his way back. The PS is a very low risk and low cost move.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Showing up to camp so out of shape that youre cut within your 2nd year and then cut almost instantly by the 2nd team to pick you up is not a very good look. I know I've gained 15lbs during quarantine but dang lol

Blog Entries

Daylon Mack Cut

They drafted him. He might not be in good enough shape to make the team right now, but maybe he could work his way back. The PS is a very low risk and low cost move.

They’ve moved on

He does not ‘play like a Raven’

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He has demonstrated that he doesn't want to be a Raven enough to show up in the kind of shape that the Ravens had expected - he has shown he is not Ravens material.

Peirce came in last year so out of shape they feared for his health in mini camp. They sent him home. Mack should have learned from that but he did not. He got cut, now by two teams. Life is about to get hard for him. If I were his agent I would be calling the Ravens and seeing about another shot at what will be a practice squad slot. He needs to get himself into shape and that will take time. Perhaps the Ravens will give him another chance or perhaps they will let him stay unemployed so the rest of the younger players learn from his mistakes. With reduced rosters at 80 they do not have room to baby players too dumb to not do what the job requires which is coming in shape and knowing the playbook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Showing up to camp so out of shape that youre cut within your 2nd year and then cut almost instantly by the 2nd team to pick you up is not a very good look. I know I've gained 15lbs during quarantine but dang lol
    Dave, I agree. Michael Pierce (#97 pictured in 2019 training Camp) :

was out of shape, but had a good pro history so the Ravens figured it was worth the wait to see him get down to playing weight. OTOH, Daylon Mack hadn't really started his career yet, so you'd think he would arrive in tip-top shape to show his team that he means business. You can lead a horse to water... Bc