Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daylon Mack Cut

1. Re: Daylon Mack Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    The 5 best defensive tackles of all time..... Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon and Dylon
    Daylon*

Re: Daylon Mack Cut

From Jeff Zrebiec:

@jjzeller3 They saw nothing from him last year and my understanding was he didn't hit the conditioning/shape benchmarks that they asked of him when he came back from the offseason.

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...363360768?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    From Jeff Zrebiec:

@jjzeller3 They saw nothing from him last year and my understanding was he didn't hit the conditioning/shape benchmarks that they asked of him when he came back from the offseason.

That's damning. Don't think he makes another team.

Looks like his career will consist of one game with nine snaps.

Hey, it's one game and nine snaps more than Jordan Lasley!

He'll at least get one more shot...

Daylon Mack claimed by Detroit on waivers.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/08/...sidelined.html

I think this is a difference between decosta and Ozzie. Ozzie seemed to hang on to long. Decosta cuts bait.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I think this is a difference between decosta and Ozzie. Ozzie seemed to hang on to long. Decosta cuts bait.
    I much prefer the DeCosta approach. It used to frustrate me when promising UDFAs didn't make the roster because they kept drafted players who had never showed anything. It was even more annoying if the UDFA went on to be a useful player for another team.

It's good to have faith in your own judgement but stupid to maintain that faith when there's evidence that you got it wrong. That's what all those Lamar doubters are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    From Jeff Zrebiec:

Sounds about right, no NFL team is in the business of cutting 2n players who didn’t show anything the previous this early because they are trying to do him some type of favor.

This guy didn’t show anything...apparently not even potential...and didn’t GAF about properly preparing for the season.

We don’t give up on draft picks earlier than round 6 this early...pretty damning for the us to give up on him this early, especially when we didn’t need to with regards to roster numbers.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Daylon*
    You obviously don't know who DYLON is.

Dude you had 1 job, and you couldn’t do it.

Blog Entries

Raiders release PJ Hall

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I expect he came in out of shape and had failed to hit the weights like they expected him to do. This team is on a mission and baby sitting players is not it. Like Pierce coming in beyond playing shape last year this team is sending a clear message. If you do not do what you need to do we will drop you in a second and give someone else your chance. Draft status is not a protection.
    Last edited by Jfoh; 08-03-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Liked Mack on tape from Texas A&M but he wasn’t so unbelievably good that I’m the least bit upset here. As has been stated he came back out of shape and didn’t show anything last year. Next!