Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daylon Mack Cut

Re: Daylon Mack Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if he reported out of shape, and the team figured they have enough depth that they don't need to keep him around while he tries to get into shape.
    Quite possibly. The fact that they brought in Ellis and Peko when they needed help at the position shows that they didn't think much of him anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if he reported out of shape, and the team figured they have enough depth that they don't need to keep him around while he tries to get into shape.
    Could be. Remember this guy last year :

... Bc

They did him a favor. He can find another club

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They did him a favor. He can find another club
    Considering he was a 5th round draft choice, and I believe didn't have a single tackle in 2019, and was released so early, he may find signing with another team a daunting task... Bc

Madubuike and Washington, plus the two new vets pushed him out.

6. Re: Daylon Mack Cut

He was my surprise cut candidate. Never showed anything last year in preseason or game action. But I’d bet he wasn’t in shape for camp this year and they’d seen enough

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Madubuike and Washington, plus the two new vets pushed him out.
    Yes, this.
    With BWill presumably moving to nose, having Calais, Wolfe, Madabuike and Washington give you a lot more versatility.

Not a surprize cut. He never showed anything and when they signed Peko and Ellis last year at the same time............. Now you signed Campbell and Wolfe. Resigned Ellis and still have Ricard gives us plenty of options at the 0 and 1 tech position. Probally doing him a good service with a lot of DT's opting out.

The 5 best defensive tackles of all time..... Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon and Dylon 😃

Is he the Miami cat?

I don't think this was some favor to get on another team...they just didn't see anything with him and/or there is some off the field stuff they don't like.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think this was some favor to get on another team...they just didn't see anything with him and/or there is some off the field stuff they don't like.
    This. How quickly they signed Peko and Ellis last year, and the eventual re-signing of Ellis should have told you their thoughts on Mack. Surprised that he didn't at least get camp to show some improvement, but everyone should have seen him firmly on the back end of the roster despite the draft status. DeCosta showing again that draft status doesn't matter. If you're not good enough, you'll find yourself cut. That's the case with Mack.