Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: C.J. Mosley opts out

I almost want to get the Rona so I can feel what it’s like...then if I live I will tell everyone to just play football for our selfish entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Whomever gets his spot will probably be better..... Jets got hosed on that deal opt outs or not. He never had it.
    Do you watch football?

Blog Entries

The guy who I guess is at least partially going to replace him literally replaced him here and was so bad they had to sign multiple guys to fix the position midseason.

I would have never paid Mosley what the Jets did, but objectively he is a quality player when he's healthy.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    No offense to Mosley, I like the guy. But this is why it’s great to be a Ravens fan. It’s like the Steelers with their seemingly endless supply of Wr’s they draft.

The Ravens treat any linebacker not named Ray Lewis like a Millionaire treats a sexy college student with daddy issues. We bang em out for all they’re worth when they’re young, and when they become a burden we trade them in for the newer cheaper substitute.

Think of the litany of guys who had to
    Go elsewhere. Bart (my personal favorite aside from Ray), Ellerbe, Bynes, Mosley, Peanut, and on and on and on.

Now given his injuries and opting out of the season, could you imagine the hellraising that would be going on if he were still a Raven?
    This was true when we still had Ray Lewis and we let whoever was playing next to him go. But let's not act like we weren't suffering at ILB last year when we're signing Josh Bynes and LJ Fort off the street to start full time in week 5.

We dodged a bullet with the Jets overpaying Mosley because he'd probably be a Raven if they didn't. We would be the ones with nothing to show for 2 years and his albatross contract. Who knows what kind of player he will be after 2 full years of no football at age 29.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 08-03-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Odell Beckham Jr. in an interview with the Wall Street Journal: "I just feel like the season shouldn't happen and I'm prepared for it to not happen and I wouldn't mind not having it."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

We dodged a bullet with the Jets overpaying Mosley because he'd probably be a Raven if they didn't. We would be the ones with nothing to show for 2 years and his albatross contract. Who knows what kind of player he will be after 2 full years of no football at age 29.
    Well, if you want to play the what-if game...

If the Jets hadn't overpaid, and he did sign here, then he wouldn't have been on the field for the play he got injured on last year. So it's entirely probably that he would have played the full year here.

Now, this year, he might still have opted out. Or, he might be looking at Lamar and that chance at a ring, and suddenly decide that playing is worth the risk.

And then also we would have had a first round pick to use somewhere other than MLB this year. So it coulda worked out just fine.
    "Chin up, chest out."

This all speculation on my part... But I think if Mosley was still in Baltimore, he wouldn't be opting out. A lot of what is happening may stem from bigger issues in the organization. It comes down to confidence in the organization to do things right to protect the players and the player morale that comes from being in certain organizations. Are players willing to sacrifice their health and safety to that organization vs. ours? Pats are losing players left and right. Why? So far, Ravens have not. We also don't know what underlying health issues Mosley could have (undisclosed to public) that could put him at higher risk.

Anyhow... I give this season 2 weeks. You can't learn from baseball. Baseball is 9-12 guys standing around in a huge open space, with everyone 20 yards apart except the batter and catcher and occasional runner. No one is touching anyone. 25-30 guys in the clubhouse. Football has 22 guys on top of each other sweating, screaming, and knocking the spit-snot out of each other and then taking it into a 50+ locker room... Ima going out on a limb to say this season will not happen in full.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: C.J. Mosley opts out

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaRaven View Post
    This all speculation on my part... But I think if Mosley was still in Baltimore, he wouldn't be opting out. A lot of what is happening may stem from bigger issues in the organization. It comes down to confidence in the organization to do things right to protect the players and the player morale that comes from being in certain organizations. Are players willing to sacrifice their health and safety to that organization vs. ours?
    MR, only took a portion of your post, but I happen to agree. Of course it's speculation on my part too. I'd like to add that the Ravens, during normal circumstances, would be a shoo-in for the playoffs. Even though we've been one-and-done the past two years, many feel we're Super Bowl contenders. A young veteran starting player (like Mosley) might think twice (three times?) before opting out of a situation where he possibly could get a ring... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaRaven View Post
    This all speculation on my part... But I think if Mosley was still in Baltimore, he wouldn't be opting out. A lot of what is happening may stem from bigger issues in the organization. It comes down to confidence in the organization to do things right to protect the players and the player morale that comes from being in certain organizations. Are players willing to sacrifice their health and safety to that organization vs. ours? Pats are losing players left and right. Why? So far, Ravens have not. We also don't know what underlying health issues Mosley could have (undisclosed to public) that could put him at higher risk.

Anyhow... I give this season 2 weeks. You can't learn from baseball. Baseball is 9-12 guys standing around in a huge open space, with everyone 20 yards apart except the batter and catcher and occasional runner. No one is touching anyone. 25-30 guys in the clubhouse. Football has 22 guys on top of each other sweating, screaming, and knocking the spit-snot out of each other and then taking it into a 50+ locker room... Ima going out on a limb to say this season will not happen in full.
    I tend to agree. Jets are a perennially losing franchise. Ravens are not

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The NFL should have cut a deal to get all the players signed up for the phase III vaccine trials

Blog Entries

sounds like a strong arm approach. they have until Thursday to opt out and if they don't they could lose $$. Threats to fine players and withhold salary if they test positive and are found to have violated the bubble approach, etc. This sounds like a veiled threat

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

220 snaps over the first two years will cost the jets 30 million. His injury you could not prefect. He was fairly healthy while here. I too wanted him back but only at a reasonable price. I saw 14 as the tops. The jets saw otherwise. Right now I am glad we did not overpay. We did need to invest two picks this year at lb because we lost two to free agency. But if you draft well you don’t need to pay two lb a Combined 30+ million a year. Save that money for LJ.