Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What player would you trade 2 1st rounders for?

I'd probably do it for any of the players mentioned in this thread. (Except Chandler Jones, I think.) It will be two very late firsts in the Ravens case so that's not a bad price for a proven star. Sometimes draft picks are overvalued.

Best of all would be a star still on a rookie contract at a position of relative weakness for the Ravens, so Nick Bosa, Josh Allen (Jacksonville), Cortland Sutton, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, Terry McLaurin. Maybe some of this year's rookies like Chase Young, Jerry Jeudy and CD Lamb would be worth a gamble too. Derwin James too.

Would you take Mahomes for 2 1sts and Lamar?

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    No. Mahomes and Lamar aren't that far apart.

I wouldn't even do it in a straight player swap, even though Mahomes probably is slightly better. The team is built around Lamar. I think the Ravens would get worse if you swapped in Mahomes. We'd need to build around him.

Also Lamar is our own superstar QB. The players, coaches and fans love him and I wouldn't want to destroy all that team spirit for a slightly better QB.

Maybe. Like right now where both firsts are future? Better chance than right before the next draft where the present value is greater than it is today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of the Ravens specifically?

Aaron Donald, George Kittle, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett.

You could probably convince me to do it for Derwin James and Quenton Nelson and maybe for Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins as well -- even though I think star WRs are somewhat overvalued.

Obviously young-ish star QBs like Watson, Wilson and Mahomes are also worth two 1sts.

Young star LTs are also worth a shit ton and I don't really think the Texans are regretting the Tunsil pickup.
    Last edited by Josepho; 08-01-2020 at 01:20 PM.

For 2 Firsts the player must be transformative and able to carry a team on his back.

To date the 2 First transaction have not met that standard. Neither Ramsey or Adams can transform the teams that got them - they are good to excellent players at their positions; however their position cannot CARRY the team no matter how good they are.

In the present day the only players that have truly transformed the teams they play for are Mahomes and Lamar.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Aaron Donald, either Bosa, and Derwin James.
    I think that’s it: Maybe Chase young.
    No way for an interior lineman or WR.
    If we didn’t have a Lamar obviously Mahomes and Lamar, but I was thinking as if I ran the Ravens today.

More than half the positions on the field are complete non-starters. Only QB, Coverage players and pass rusher have that value:
    Tre’davious White would be a solid option for teams lacking at CB, oh which we do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of those guys that aren't QBs are worth giving up 10 cheap years of play considering the contract they would get could get you equal talent. Or you could, for the money, get two or three good players out of free agency. All of those guys still need quality players around them.

For me it has to be either a rookie from last year or this year. That’s if I was going to do it at all. It would have to be a scenario where that players utility outlasts their cost.

Two firsts would give me a premium player and possible start additions to that team for 3 or 4 years depending on 5th year options.

The people I would probably do it.

Chase Young
    Jeff Okudah
    Nick Bosa

People I would consider... Possibly
    Devin White
    AJ Brown
    Derrick Brown.

Player v player yea probably.

But without our 2 firsts to get more outside weapons for mahomes, im not sure with how our offense is built we, as a team would be any better.

I think both teams would actually end of worse.

If you can find a young QB that a team is willing to trade that might be worth 2 1st's. I don't think Dallas could get 2 for Prescott.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    If you can find a young QB that a team is willing to trade that might be worth 2 1st's. I don't think Dallas could get 2 for Prescott.
    Not given the contract he reportedly turned down.

Mahomes is the most talented natural passer I've ever seen. He has a lot to prove but he throws better than anyone I've ever seen going back to Elway Marino young old Montana, Brees, manning or Brady.

I don't know if there is a value too high for him honestly. I would pull the trigger, but I understand the argument of the value.

I don't think any team is likely to draft two players consecutively that combine to be as good or impaxtful as Mahomes... But I've been championing him since Texas tech so I am. Biased