Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What player would you trade 2 1st rounders for?

The Ravens speculation with trading for Jalen Ramsey and Jamal Adams (which were both traded for 2 1st rounders) has me thinking what player would I/we trade 2 1st rounders for considering both trades were consider too much. I can think of a few I would be okay with:

Michael Thomas: Some of the best hands ever in the NFL and would provide an incredible duo with Hollywood. He's also only 27 and still in his prime. (I considered Tyreek Hill and Julio Jones but Hill has domestic issues and Jones is 31).

Aaron Donald: This guy is the best player in the NFL annually that isn't a QB.

Chandler Jones: Absolute game wrecker and while he's 30 he could take the team over the top.

Quentin Nelson: Definitely rich for an Interior Olineman, but, this guy is a sure fire hall of famer and as Ravens fans we know how great interior oline can be.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: What player would you trade 2 1st rounders for?

Lamar Jackson... Bc

Re: What player would you trade 2 1st rounders for?

None.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    The Ravens speculation with trading for Jalen Ramsey and Jamal Adams (which were both traded for 2 1st rounders) has me thinking what player would I/we trade 2 1st rounders for considering both trades were consider too much. I can think of a few I would be okay with:

Michael Thomas: Some of the best hands ever in the NFL and would provide an incredible duo with Hollywood. He's also only 27 and still in his prime. (I considered Tyreek Hill and Julio Jones but Hill has domestic issues and Jones is 31).

Aaron Donald: This guy is the best player in the NFL annually that isn't a QB.

Chandler Jones: Absolute game wrecker and while he's 30 he could take the team over the top.

Quentin Nelson: Definitely rich for an Interior Olineman, but, this guy is a sure fire hall of famer and as Ravens fans we know how great interior oline can be.
    Lamar and Mahomes.

For two firsts, I'd want a guy who would have a big impact on the game no matter what the opposition did. What was Donald's stat line against the Ravens? One tackle? He could have been in witness protection.

Thomas, maybe. He is a freak.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Mahomes

Two years ago...
    Aaron donald
    Hopkins

That's probably it unless we go way back

Thomas is more a procession receiver. Hill is a game breaker. Neither is worth 2 1st's .

Blog Entries

Very short list. Mahomes, of course.

Honestly? TJ Watt. 34.5 sacks in 3 years and he's only 25. Fills a huge need on this team specifically for the next decade. That's a player I'd spend that kind of capital on.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, maybe one or two others.

There are a lot more players I would give two first rounders for if that were the total cost but it isn't.

Both of these trades also involve having to now pay massive contracts and given the draft capital given up the players have tremendous leverage. The cap hit must also be included.

Is Jalen Ramsey worth it if he costs you 6 years at 8% of your cap and you give up 10 years of very low cap hit (2 first rounders at 5 years of rookie contract with the option year)? There is obviously unknowns regarding what you will get with the draft picks but the cap hit is minimal.

Instead of giving up 10 years of low cost possible high end players and a large cap hit use the cap on free agents or resigning your own. Then you get the best of both worlds.

As good as Ramsey and Adams are their cost of 10 years of low cost players that have some good chance of performing well vs a huge cap hit as well as that potential.

Good teams have good players on rookie contracts. I would want a generational talent at a difficult position to fill to give that up.

Is Adams worth 6 years of a massive cap hit verses two Chuck Clarks and the available cap to keep or sign a top end proven player? That is what he cost the Seahawks.

Blog Entries

Michael Thomas catches everything. He's 27 and right in his prime. That's the first that comes to my mind as being worth 2 1st round picks.

Nick Bosa is another top of the head pick. He had 4 sacks and 5 QB hits in the playoffs as a rookie. He'll be 23 during the season and if I'm giving up 2 1st round picks it has to be for someone who I think would be on the team for 5 years the same way a 1st round drafted player would be.

Aaron Donald would be a tough call. He sure doesn't look like he's slowing down but will he 3 years from now at 32 years old? Probably. The guy is so dominant though that I think I'd do it.

Aaron Donald, either Bosa, and Derwin James.
    I think that’s it: Maybe Chase young.
    No way for an interior lineman or WR.
    If we didn’t have a Lamar obviously Mahomes and Lamar, but I was thinking as if I ran the Ravens today.

More than half the positions on the field are complete non-starters. Only QB, Coverage players and pass rusher have that value:
    Tre’davious White would be a solid option for teams lacking at CB, oh which we do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I didn't even list Mahomes because I was thinking of the Ravens only. Obviously Mahomes is worth 2 1st round picks. He's probably worth 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I didn't even list Mahomes because I was thinking of the Ravens only. Obviously Mahomes is worth 2 1st round picks. He's probably worth 3.
    Honestly, he is worth way more than that, probably 5-7 1sts. 2 whole drafts?

I wouldn’t take 3 1sts for Lamar? No way... maybe 4 but probably no:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk