Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.31.20

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Split it up during week. Stay in the sun for hours on weekend
    You must have Vitamin D coming out of your ears. Good for you. I like to walk with my dog too. She's a great dog to walk with. I need to start doubling up myself. 10 miles is no joke. I'm still discovering trials near my home in Rock Creek. It can be a lot of fun walking a trail or inventing a walking route for the first time in a place you've never walked before.

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Good old Dewey! I did a summer share with 30+ people 10 years ago. One of the most fun summers, though probably one of the least healthy, haha. I miss jam session at the Cork.

We're going to my parents' place in Fenwick next week... likely will limit activity to the beach and walks around their neighborhood. They're on the bayside. Have fun!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I loved living on 28th st in Ocean City during college summers. I came back at the end each time with just enough change to get over the bay bridge(when you paid both ways), had to detox from alcoholism, and prayed I didn't pick up and uh.........well.......and also prayed pretty girls didn't show up at my door with a surprise 9 months later.

Great great Times!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I loved living on 28th st in Ocean City during college summers. I came back at the end each time with just enough change to get over the bay bridge(when you paid both ways), had to detox from alcoholism, and prayed I didn't pick up and uh.........well.......and also prayed pretty girls didn't show up at my door with a surprise 9 months later.

Great great Times!!!!!
    Yeah, OC and Dewey are the same but OC is much, much, much bigger. I lost a good bit of my hearing at Scandals night club in the late 80's/Early 90's lol. If for some reason My wife and I can't buy my siblings out on our dinky condo in Dewey maybe we'll look to buy in OC.

Just tore out my once vibrant and very healthy Zuchini. Found a big fat vine borer grubb in the last plant after I tore it out and when I spllt the stalk. Those things are for real. I plan on using Sevin Dust (Thanks CCRaven) and DE next year to keep them at bay.

I stuffed a nice Jalapeno in place of a very weak one that did not thrive and also replaced my Zuchini and Cucumbers and am hoping for more fruit in 6 weeks to enjoy during football season.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My pre-COVID work week was three days working from home. So, when this shit hit, I just got two additional days. I was struggling with it the first month or two (partially because I was WAY busy), but I'm cool with it now.

So, I offer a little advice.

- Make sure you take breaks, including lunch. Even if it's to do laundry, get a second cup of coffee, pet the dogs or some other mundane task, make sure you get 3 or 4 in per day

- Try to keep your start and end time the same every day. Routine is your friend and it will also help you be able to separate work from personal time

- Have a separate space to work. Again it helps with that work/personal delineation, but...

- Move your office every now and again for a day (if you can). Work outside, in your living room but change the scenery up.

- Once in a while, add a little liquid "fun" to your morning coffee. Today, Patron XO for me.

- Make sure you find a way to get out of your house at least 3 - 4 times a week. Go out to dinner with your SO, go over a friend's house, take a walk/hike anything away from home, even if for an hour.

- Take a vacation. I know that may be tough right now, but get the hell away somewhere. I went to Vegas from 6/23 - 6/27 for my stepson's 21st birthday bash (his birthday was right in the middle of the lockdown). I cannot tell you what it did for my mental state. It made me feel more "normal" than anything I've done. (And I didn't get The 'Rona.)

- Finally, be kind to people. I really believe so many people are on edge and crankier than normal because the social restrictions going on right now. Everytime you are out, say something nice to a stranger. Compliment them on their clothes, open a door (forearms work great), smile, say "have a good day", anything. Just try to be extra nice because we need it right now.

I hope this helps.
    Yeah. I've been realizing it's important to start taking some days off, even if we don't go anywhere, even though it feels weird.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Just tore out my once vibrant and very healthy Zuchini. Found a big fat vine borer grubb in the last plant after I tore it out and when I spllt the stalk. Those things are for real. I plan on using Sevin Dust (Thanks CCRaven) and DE next year to keep them at bay.

I stuffed a nice Jalapeno in place of a very weak one that did not thrive and also replaced my Zuchini and Cucumbers and am hoping for more fruit in 6 weeks to enjoy during football season.
    Not using alien DNA next year?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Happy Friday and almost August, WTF!

definitely feeling the burnout or whatever you call it from being at home so much. It's been too hot to go for walks and I'm sick of being inside for extended periods. Wish we knew when things would be back to "normal."

How's everyone doing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'm feeling exactly the same way and I'm usually a homebody type. And it's more than likely I'm working from home until the end of this year at least. I've got to figure out a way to keep myself from going nuts.

I seriously miss going to the gym. Pushed a lot of weight around. That was 5 months ago. Cannot even buy weights for my home, anywhere. None available unless you want to pay $125 for 25 pound dumbbells or well over $1000 for a set that comes in months. Hard to imagine lifting 1/2 of what I used to for an hour straight. Pushups / bodyweight exercises just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I'm feeling exactly the same way and I'm usually a homebody type. And it's more than likely I'm working from home until the end of this year at least. I've got to figure out a way to keep myself from going nuts.
    D&d

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I seriously miss going to the gym. Pushed a lot of weight around. That was 5 months ago. Cannot even buy weights for my home, anywhere. None available unless you want to pay $125 for 25 pound dumbbells or well over $1000 for a set that comes in months. Hard to imagine lifting 1/2 of what I used to for an hour straight. Pushups / bodyweight exercises just not the same.
    I put together a spreadsheet and track my exercise and it's made it way better. Using bodyweight, bands, and a pair of 15 lb dumbbells you can do a lot of things. Can consistently do 50 pushups and made it o 55 this week, followed by 35, 25. Lots of abs work and squats.

Yoga every other day helps a lot (replaces the chiropractor for me)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I put together a spreadsheet and track my exercise and it's made it way better. Using bodyweight, bands, and a pair of 15 lb dumbbells you can do a lot of things. Can consistently do 50 pushups and made it o 55 this week, followed by 35, 25. Lots of abs work and squats.

Yoga every other day helps a lot (replaces the chiropractor for me)
    That is outstanding. 55 pushups is a serious amount. I do 150 to 200 pushups but within about 15 to 20 minutes. I probably need bands.