Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.31.20

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Good old Dewey! I did a summer share with 30+ people 10 years ago. One of the most fun summers, though probably one of the least healthy, haha. I miss jam session at the Cork.

We're going to my parents' place in Fenwick next week... likely will limit activity to the beach and walks around their neighborhood. They're on the bayside. Have fun!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Good for you. I grew up going to Dewey and remember even as a kid in the 70's laying in bed at night in our tiny condo on McKinley street with the sounds of the Rock and Roll from the Bottle and Cork drifting through the windows . I met my wife in Dewey. She and I go to that condo now and although we don't go out as much we never miss a Jam Session. That's the quickest 100 dollars you will ever spend, lol.

Got a kiss for the dozen roses. It's gonna be a good day!
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Good for you. I grew up going to Dewey and remember even as a kid in the 70's laying in bed at night in our tiny condo on McKinley street with the sounds of the Rock and Roll from the Bottle and Cork drifting through the windows . I met my wife in Dewey. She and I go to that condo now and although we don't go out as much we never miss a Jam Session. That's the quickest 100 dollars you will ever spend, lol.
    Lol at least they only take cash so I can't see it on my bank statement

Lol at least they only take cash so I can't see it on my bank statement

That really helps you get out of there with minimal damage. We go in with 100 and when that is gone we split and meet the kids somewhere for dinner. Next year our older one will be joining us. In two years our middle child will be all over that place. Her and her friends will "discover" the joys of Dewey bars.... frankly that scares me a little ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I go fishing just about every day, my son has started tackle football, and I've made multiple break throughs on my research. Lost 50 or 60 pounds, can now run an 11 minute mile, and my wife gets to take me clothes shopping so she'll be happy. Personally I'm loving this lockdown.

Plus today is my 21st anniversary so I'll be dropping the kid off at his grandparents' house tomorrow, cooking homemade lasagna for my wife then it's fishnet stockings and high heels. Who knows, she might get dressed up too.
    Congrats, darb!!! If my hubby made me homemade lasagna, he'd definitely be getting lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Congrats, darb!!! If my hubby made me homemade lasagna, he'd definitely be getting lucky!
    Your husband is already lucky!
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Your husband is already lucky!
    Awww, aren't you sweet! Keep that up for the wife tonight. (Tell her she's beautiful, that always works.)

My pre-COVID work week was three days working from home. So, when this shit hit, I just got two additional days. I was struggling with it the first month or two (partially because I was WAY busy), but I'm cool with it now.

So, I offer a little advice.

- Make sure you take breaks, including lunch. Even if it's to do laundry, get a second cup of coffee, pet the dogs or some other mundane task, make sure you get 3 or 4 in per day

- Try to keep your start and end time the same every day. Routine is your friend and it will also help you be able to separate work from personal time

- Have a separate space to work. Again it helps with that work/personal delineation, but...

- Move your office every now and again for a day (if you can). Work outside, in your living room but change the scenery up.

- Once in a while, add a little liquid "fun" to your morning coffee. Today, Patron XO for me.

- Make sure you find a way to get out of your house at least 3 - 4 times a week. Go out to dinner with your SO, go over a friend's house, take a walk/hike anything away from home, even if for an hour.

- Take a vacation. I know that may be tough right now, but get the hell away somewhere. I went to Vegas from 6/23 - 6/27 for my stepson's 21st birthday bash (his birthday was right in the middle of the lockdown). I cannot tell you what it did for my mental state. It made me feel more "normal" than anything I've done. (And I didn't get The 'Rona.)

- Finally, be kind to people. I really believe so many people are on edge and crankier than normal because the social restrictions going on right now. Everytime you are out, say something nice to a stranger. Compliment them on their clothes, open a door (forearms work great), smile, say "have a good day", anything. Just try to be extra nice because we need it right now.

I hope this helps.

My pre-COVID work week was three days working from home. So, when this shit hit, I just got two additional days. I was struggling with it the first month or two (partially because I was WAY busy), but I'm cool with it now.

So, I offer a little advice.

- Make sure you take breaks, including lunch. Even if it's to do laundry, get a second cup of coffee, pet the dogs or some other mundane task, make sure you get 3 or 4 in per day

- Try to keep your start and end time the same every day. Routine is your friend and it will also help you be able to separate work from personal time

- Have a separate space to work. Again it helps with that work/personal delineation, but...

- Move your office every now and again for a day (if you can). Work outside, in your living room but change the scenery up.

- Once in a while, add a little liquid "fun" to your morning coffee. Today, Patron XO for me.

- Make sure you find a way to get out of your house at least 3 - 4 times a week. Go out to dinner with your SO, go over a friend's house, take a walk/hike anything away from home, even if for an hour.

- Take a vacation. I know that may be tough right now, but get the hell away somewhere. I went to Vegas from 6/23 - 6/27 for my stepson's 21st birthday bash (his birthday was right in the middle of the lockdown). I cannot tell you what it did for my mental state. It made me feel more "normal" than anything I've done. (And I didn't get The 'Rona.)

- Finally, be kind to people. I really believe so many people are on edge and crankier than normal because the social restrictions going on right now. Everytime you are out, say something nice to a stranger. Compliment them on their clothes, open a door (forearms work great), smile, say "have a good day", anything. Just try to be extra nice because we need it right now.

I hope this helps.
    GKB how are ya?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    GKB how are ya?!

I'm good! How's it with you?

Happy Friday and almost August, WTF!

definitely feeling the burnout or whatever you call it from being at home so much. It's been too hot to go for walks and I'm sick of being inside for extended periods. Wish we knew when things would be back to "normal."

How's everyone doing?

My first day back to work was Wednesday after 12 days off. I really enjoyed it, went camping and Kayaking. I also went to Tahquehmon Falls. I wish I could post a pic of Tahquehmon Falls. It was awesome.

I'm good! How's it with you?
    I am great. I just got back to work though after 12 days off, that’s hard. How are you?