Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.31.20

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They are saying that we will be without power here in CT for more than a week so you can have my spot at the next one. I’m really sick of this.

It’s been 2 1/2 days and they are still surveying the area. My town is 72% out if power. The town East of me is 97% out. The town to the West I’d 82% out. They gave 1 truck with a 3 man crew and that’s it. 700,000 households without power and the country’s highest electricity rates. Pathetic!
    sorry to hear that - I remember when I was in Maryland that happened twice where we were out of power for more than a week. sucks.
    We were on well water and septic which made it worse

I will say in Florida, the power is restored very quickly. Even after Irma we were only out two nights

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I have no basis for comparison but SMECO has always been great here. Our outages were widespread across their service area, and they had all but 20~ customers back on by midday yesterday. It's been a long time but I think even during Isabel which was much more significant we weren't out more than a day or so.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sorry to hear that - I remember when I was in Maryland that happened twice where we were out of power for more than a week. sucks.

I will say in Florida, the power is restored very quickly. Even after Irma we were only out two nights
    Hurricane Isabel in 2003 when I lived in Owings Mills knocked out my power for close to a week. The houses directly across the street were on the grid of Maryland public television and were restored next day.
    Funny how that works!
    Had an extension cord run across the street so we could at least keep our refrigerator running. SMH
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Been almost 3 years to the day since Hurricane Irma came through our town - costliest hurricane in history. I stayed in my house with the shudders on, it was wild.

All of the water in the canals was sucked out to sea - even the Pier on the gulf was in total dry land. Then when the eye passed, the surge came and the canals filled up immediately and flooded the roads. Fish in the yard.
    Wow. It’s like a regular day for you Floridians isn’t it? The whole Gulf just gets battered every year. I’ll give you guys credit. You have a strong resolve !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I have a well and septic too. It's not fun. We do have power at work and so does my wife but we also have 3 kids with limited options. The kids can't come to work due to the Covid rules.

One news station is reporting that it could be 21 days before the entire state is restored. Last night the 1 crew of 3 they sent to work with the local town DPW to clear the roads of residents who are trapped in their homes or on a street cancelled at the last minute. Complete bullshit.

Oh man. First semester freshman year at UMD during Isabel. Power went out countless times in our dorm, which just added to the drunk fun we were having! Ahh such a different, simpler time :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a well and septic too. It's not fun. We do have power at work and so does my wife but we also have 3 kids with limited options. The kids can't come to work due to the Covid rules.

One news station is reporting that it could be 21 days before the entire state is restored. Last night the 1 crew of 3 they sent to work with the local town DPW to clear the roads of residents who are trapped in their homes or on a street cancelled at the last minute. Complete bullshit.
    You are no doubt dealing with some serious "Bullshit" up there my friend.
    Inexcusable not to have additional crews already up there helping out.
    21 days? You'd think you were in some remote 3rd world country or something. SMH
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You are no doubt dealing with some serious "Bullshit" up there my friend.
    Inexcusable not to have additional crews already up there helping out.
    21 days? You'd think you were in some remote 3rd world country or something. SMH
    They may not be able to get workers. Folks don't want to get out and expose themselves to risk right now; I'm guessing this is one reason they're short handed.

Good luck Gota, I know that is a pain.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Hurricane Isabel in 2003 when I lived in Owings Mills knocked out my power for close to a week. The houses directly across the street were on the grid of Maryland public television and were restored next day.
    Funny how that works!
    Had an extension cord run across the street so we could at least keep our refrigerator running. SMH
    Most reliable electric I ever had was the apartment we had in Glen Burnie. We were like half a mile from bwmc. Barely ever even saw a flicker.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That sucks man. Hope they get you back online quickly.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

How is everyone doing, post-storm now?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore