Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Free talk Friday - 07.31.20

Happy Friday and almost August, WTF!

definitely feeling the burnout or whatever you call it from being at home so much. It's been too hot to go for walks and I'm sick of being inside for extended periods. Wish we knew when things would be back to "normal."

How's everyone doing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.31.20

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

definitely feeling the burnout or whatever you call it from being at home so much. It's been too hot to go for walks and I'm sick of being inside for extended periods. Wish we knew when things would be back to "normal."

How's everyone doing?

Me too. Working from home is convenient, but I'm getting burned out going from my bedroom to my office. I need a change of scenery.

I go fishing just about every day, my son has started tackle football, and I've made multiple break throughs on my research. Lost 50 or 60 pounds, can now run an 11 minute mile, and my wife gets to take me clothes shopping so she'll be happy. Personally I'm loving this lockdown.

Plus today is my 21st anniversary so I'll be dropping the kid off at his grandparents' house tomorrow, cooking homemade lasagna for my wife then it's fishnet stockings and high heels. Who knows, she might get dressed up too.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

How's everyone doing?

Hey TD, I'm up to about 10 miles a day on the walking... my dog even gives me that look. I love the heat so that's not an excuse here..
    going to take the kayak out tomorrow, working in the yard etc.

any good shows or movies? thinking about the Umbrella Academy but haven't seen season 1
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hey TD, I'm up to about 10 miles a day on the walking... my dog even gives me that look. I love the heat so that's not an excuse here..
    going to take the kayak out tomorrow, working in the yard etc.

any good shows or movies? thinking about the Umbrella Academy but haven't seen season 1
    That's awesome. I miss stand up paddle boarding. I need to get back into that. Core muscles slowly getting stronger again, but gotta be careful not to jump into planks and push-ups yet since I have some ab separation. I manage to fit in at least 30 mins of working out at home during naptime. Gotta make it a priority!

I've recently watched some of the limited series on Netflix... the Hernandez one and more recently, Epstein. The latter is disturbing, as one would expect, but more so, just terrible how much he was let off the hook. The women who shared their horrifying stories are BRAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I go fishing just about every day, my son has started tackle football, and I've made multiple break throughs on my research. Lost 50 or 60 pounds, can now run an 11 minute mile, and my wife gets to take me clothes shopping so she'll be happy. Personally I'm loving this lockdown.

Plus today is my 21st anniversary so I'll be dropping the kid off at his grandparents' house tomorrow, cooking homemade lasagna for my wife then it's fishnet stockings and high heels. Who knows, she might get dressed up too.
    Congratulations... On pretty much all of that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

How's everyone doing?

Ready for a break from kids. My kids are mostly awesome, but they seem to be getting sick of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Ready for a break from kids. My kids are mostly awesome, but they seem to be getting sick of each other.

Haha. I'm ready for mine not to be on an every 3 hour feeding schedule. Though they at least go longer at night

today is my 21st anniversary so I'll be dropping the kid off at his grandparents' house tomorrow, cooking homemade lasagna for my wife then it's fishnet stockings and high heels. Who knows, she might get dressed up too.
    brilliant!

Going to Dewey 1 week from today. I'm going to bring the 12 foot Sunfish I reglassed/restored and explore Rehoboth Bay. Then, even though I'll probably run at least 2 miles every morning, I'm going to drink a lot and put on 10 lbs. No idea how people are losing weight on this lockdown.

My wife and I are really worried Delaware is going to go back into lockdown mode and put some restrictions on travel. I told her I'd put my little boat in on the Potomac and sail around the Delmarva peninsula if I had to to get there.

Awesome. Just make sure you change after you drop the kid off. Unless your dad is going to help you accessorize or loan you a feather boa or something...

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Going to Dewey 1 week from today. I'm going to bring the 12 foot Sunfish I reglassed/restored and explore Rehoboth Bay. Then, even though I'll probably run at least 2 miles every morning, I'm going to drink a lot and put on 10 lbs. No idea how people are losing weight on this lockdown.

My wife and I are really worried Delaware is going to go back into lockdown mode and put some restrictions on travel. I told her I'd put my little boat in on the Potomac and sail around the Delmarva peninsula if I had to to get there.
    Good old Dewey! I did a summer share with 30+ people 10 years ago. One of the most fun summers, though probably one of the least healthy, haha. I miss jam session at the Cork.

We're going to my parents' place in Fenwick next week... likely will limit activity to the beach and walks around their neighborhood. They're on the bayside. Have fun!!