Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Does this season get an asterisk?

I would think so... Bc

Blog Entries

Don't look now, but with 32 teams & between players, coaches & other employees, a cast of at least 150 , that's a minimum of 4,800 people - each of whom has an asterisk - & they're risking that as every day they go to work in the Time of COVID ...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Let's be honest, if they truly attempt to start the regular season, they will fall on their faces so embarrassingly that they will likely end up in Loba's Ignoratory.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quite a few pro athletes and 1 coach that i know of have got the rona over the past months, how many dead? How many permanently hobbled from lung scaring? Serious question not snark.

As far as ive seen its been no symtoms to flu like for 2 weeks for 100% of them. Maybe its just too soon to know if any of these guys are suffering chronic issues now.

5. Re: Does this season get an asterisk?

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Quite a few pro athletes and 1 coach that i know of have got the rona over the past months, how many dead? How many permanently hobbled from lung scaring? Serious question not snark.

As far as ive seen its been no symtoms to flu like for 2 weeks for 100% of them. Maybe its just too soon to know if any of these guys are suffering chronic issues now.
    I know of two professional athletes who are suffering from heart conditions after contracting COVID-19. Ex has mentioned one of them (Eduardo Rodriguez, SP for the Red Sox), and he has also pointed out that the heart condition was not the result of a pre-existing condition. The other athlete is PLL attackman Jules Heningburg.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I know of two professional athletes who are suffering from heart conditions after contracting COVID-19. Ex has mentioned one of them (Eduardo Rodriguez, SP for the Red Sox), and he has also pointed out that the heart condition was not the result of a pre-existing condition. The other athlete is PLL attackman Jules Heningburg.
    yeah.... I mean thats not good, but not really the evidence i would expect considering the # of people that have had it.

7. Re: Does this season get an asterisk?

I don’t want this to devolve into another COVID speculation thread. I’m just wondering how people feel about the inevitable Fan asterisk. Does it take away from the season or not?

There’s plenty of seasons that could technically get one and I’m not sure anyone really cared. The 3 or 4 games in 2012 with replacement refs come to mind or the nonsensical single-year PI review rule definitely had some effect on players and coaches.

Should our 2012 Super Bowl get an asterisk because of the blackout? Nah. You just play through whatever happens and deal with it. That’s kinda where I’m at. Screw the asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I’ve been struggling with the idea of this season getting an asterisk due to the pandemic.
    Thoughts?
    The Super Bowls of the strike year and the lockout year count the same as all the others.

I say naw.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 08-03-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The Super Bowls of the strike year and the lockout year count the same as all the others.

I say naw.
    They all count officially. The NFL is never going to put an asterisk next to a season. It's the court of public perception where an asterisk will appear. If games are cancelled it's going to be questioned. There is just no way around that.

Blog Entries

If they play a season and crown a winner - they're the winner and champs just like a strike shortened season. Every team having to deal with this. I'd love to see that happen but have my doubts.

Miami Coach Flores says every person has a backup. Every player, every coach, equipment guy, trainer, all have a backup.

Saints coach has secured a hotel for all of their staff - 150 to 180 staff will stay in their own 'bubble' and no other guests allowed.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If they play a season and crown a winner - they're the winner and champs just like a strike shortened season. Every team having to deal with this. I'd love to see that happen but have my doubts.

Miami Coach Flores says every person has a backup. Every player, every coach, equipment guy, trainer, all have a backup.

Saints coach has secured a hotel for all of their staff - 150 to 180 staff will stay in their own 'bubble' and no other guests allowed.
    It'll be interesting to see which teams make the smartest moves with regard to dealing with the virus/keeping players healthy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's the court of public perception where an asterisk will appear. If games are cancelled it's going to be questioned. There is just no way around that.
    But, again, I never hear anyone question the legitimacy of the Redskins first SB win, where they locked up the #1 seed in the playoffs on the strength of winning 8 games in the strike-shortened 9-game season of 1982.

I never hear anyone question the legitimacy of their second SB win, when the 1987 lockout forced the cancellation of one week of the season. Every team played only 15 games.

In the court of public opinion, the Skins of 1982-91 are 3-time SB winners. No asterisk anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If they play a season and crown a winner - they're the winner and champs just like a strike shortened season. Every team having to deal with this.
    Exactly.