Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does this season get an asterisk?

I’ve been struggling with the idea of this season getting an asterisk due to the pandemic. Nobody is sure how everything will play out, but I feel like there will be a number of fans who will inevitably feel cheated by some twist of fate, whether it be an outbreak on their team, a game cancelation, rescheduling, or shortened season. I think many fans will feel there was more luck involved in making it through the season than normal. And it will take away from whoever wins it all.

I’d prefer to win in a normal season rather than an asterisk one, but there’s a flip side to the argument. Every season is a gamble in terms of the health of your players, and making it through healthy from Covid I wouldn’t buy as just simple luck. It will also take discipline from your entire organization. Top to bottom, this season could even prove which organization is truly the best in how it handles itself throughout the year. So if this season deserves an asterisk, I’m not sure it’s one that should take away from any accomplishment made during it.

Thoughts?

Re: Does this season get an asterisk?

Wait and find out?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

For the sake of discussion, if I were to take a guess, assuming they made it through the entire season, I would say that history will remember it with a proverbial asterisk.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Although it being a bullshit "asterisk" season was a consolation to me when the Skins beat Miami in 82 during the strike shortened season... I'm sure Skins fans enjoyed it all the same.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

The only thing that would make me consider it with an asterisk is if some QBs or other really big name players start opting out in the days to come. As it is, everyone is working under the same conditions and every team has the same opportunity to keep themselves safe and healthy. But if you have Russ Wilson, Zeke Elliott, Ronnie Stanley, Travis Kelce, and TJ Watt opting out among others, that is so substantially changing the playing field in a way that is mostly out of the team's control that I'd have to look at it the eventual champions with an asterisk.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Nope. I don't believe in asteriks.. you win the SB it counts.

Fans of the 31 teams who don't win the Superbowl will put an asterisk against the champions and their fans will get annoyed about it, because that's what sports fans do.

I'd still rather be the team getting the asterisk.

Hey we won the SB the year of the replacement refs... maybe this is our year again ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Entire 2020 and everything in it gets an asterisk.

Asterisk or asteroid? Honestly it could go either way.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

No fans and itl be considered that covid year with No fans.

Homefield advantage etc lost

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Fans of the 31 teams who don't win the Superbowl will put an asterisk against the champions and their fans will get annoyed about it, because that's what sports fans do.

I'd still rather be the team getting the asterisk.
    </thread>