Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson wants Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown: I look forward to new beginnings :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ew-beginnings/

"Antonio Brown will not appeal his eight-game suspension. He will serve it and then plans (hopes?) to play the final eight games.

With who? Who knows.

“I look forward to new beginnings,” Brown wrote on Instagram. “I want to be the best version of myself on and off the field, and I will do my best to be a great teammate. I appreciate the NFL giving me the opportunity to continue to work on myself and improve."

Reminds me of...

The Myth of Sisyphus... Bc

We are in love of the story we are making up about the signing and not the reality of it. A part of me loves to think AB aware of this being his last shot keeps it together and we win a ring and provide Steeler nation the greatest gut punch possible. But in reality this can be an absolute disaster and sets the franchise back for years. Harbaugh does not seem like a guy who will gamble with the downside being that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    He finally got his 8 game suspension. Let’s go get him. Put him on an apology tour and let’s gooo. Hunt was able to slide under the radar after kicking a white woman on video.
    Omfg he got an 8 game suspension on top of what missing over an entire year... So basically 23 game suspension.

If he still has skills I'd sign him. But that's a long time off

Lamar Jackson wants Antonio Brown

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Omfg he got an 8 game suspension on top of what missing over an entire year... So basically 23 game suspension.

If he still has skills I'd sign him. But that's a long time off
    I would think long and hard about it fore sure, but I would wait well into the season to make sure there was still a season to sign him for. If so, he could absolutely be what puts us over the top.

He could at least cancel out what we are missing not having A Sammy Watkins like starting option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I actually think there will be a team interested in 8 AB games to finish the season. Think up and coming teams, Miami, cardinals, Titans, Bills. Fan bases that have struggled for a while but have a shit at decent seasons. They'll forgive the GM the moment AB scores

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    And what will they do when AB chews out their young QB or teammates? If I have Darnold or Tua or Haskins or Murray or Josh Allen there is no way I'd put AB on my team. If I'm the Seahawks or Vikings or Packers with a tougher vet at that position who can take the abuse then it's something I'd think about. No way would I put Brown with Lamar Jackson even they were all buddy buddy this summer.

I've always been consistent in my feelings toward AB and that's not changing today...HARD NO!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    And what will they do when AB chews out their young QB or teammates? If I have Darnold or Tua or Haskins or Murray or Josh Allen there is no way I'd put AB on my team. If I'm the Seahawks or Vikings or Packers with a tougher vet at that position who can take the abuse then it's something I'd think about. No way would I put Brown with Lamar Jackson even they were all buddy buddy this summer.
    Yea I mean I wouldn't want that here. Not every organization worries about that kind of thing though. Certain GMs, Deepwater to look good, might go for it and the rest is a 'coaching problem'. "Just go make it work coach, that's your job".

Especially for FOs that start the season hot and are seeing playoff possibilities. Hence my list.

I'm coming round to the idea. He's a superstar player and, if he really is working on his mental health, maybe he can go back to being the pain in the arse he was for most of his career rather than a complete train wreck. I think the Ravens have a strong enough locker room and culture to keep him in line. If he doesn't fit in he can be instantly cut.

He clearly likes Lamar. I don't think their relationship would be as toxic as the Roethlisberger - Brown relationship. Who could get seriously annoyed with Lamar?

As long as Brown understands from day one that the offense runs through Lamar and not AB it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm coming round to the idea. He's a superstar player and, if he really is working on his mental health, maybe he can go back to being the pain in the arse he was for most of his career rather than a complete train wreck. I think the Ravens have a strong enough locker room and culture to keep him in line. If he doesn't fit in he can be instantly cut.

He clearly likes Lamar. I don't think their relationship would be as toxic as the Roethlisberger - Brown relationship. Who could get seriously annoyed with Lamar?

As long as Brown understands from day one that the offense runs through Lamar and not AB it could work.
    So basically, he's taking his meds, finally.

When you're desperate, you'll take a chance on anything. When you're hot, you don't need to take on a risk like AB. We are the #2 favorites to win the superbowl, and that's with the recency bias of KC having just won. We don't need to grasp at straws to find a playmaker. We've got 7 of the top 100 players, rated by the players. We broke records last year on offense. No need to roll dice.

When you're desperate, you'll take a chance on anything. When you're hot, you don't need to take on a risk like AB. We are the #2 favorites to win the superbowl, and that's with the recency bias of KC having just won. We don't need to grasp at straws to find a playmaker. We've got 7 of the top 100 players, rated by the players. We broke records last year on offense. No need to roll dice.

Desperate for a playoff win? That might describe the Ravens...
    it’s not hard to imagine AB putting us over the top...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Desperate for a playoff win? That might describe the Ravens...
    it’s not hard to imagine AB putting us over the top...

Dude, that's harsh. We don't reek of desperation the way teams like Cleveland, Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, Lions, Bears, oh my! We're not perennial losers willing to make a deal with the devil.

You get the point, and there's more, like teams that have had success and are trying to hold onto it. Packers, Seahawks, Vikings, Patriots, Rams, Texans, all of which are probably going to be worse this year. (Rams were already bad but remember when they were solid 2 years ago).

We don't have a history of playoff problems. I don't even count 2018 due to the most under reported story of bad coaching in recent NFL history when Chargers literally said they knew the play calling in the post game presser.

We've got it good. Not thinking any schmuck like AB is the missing piece. We were better in 2011 than when we won the SB in 2012. I'm certainly not messing with our mojo over a single playoff loss, which i flew home for, died a little on the inside while watching.

It wouldn't be such a big risk. Do you really think he'd destroy the team spirit or something? Do you you think Harbaugh would let him?

He didn't destroy the Raiders locker room when he was having his helmet drama, freezing his feet and trying to fight Mayock. The biggest problem he caused was that they were relying on him to be the number one receiver that everyone else fed off.

The Ravens wouldn't even have that problem. The offense already functions. A focused Brown would be a nice bonus. If he's a problem, get rid of him.