Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    This site has become a joke. Only talk about the Ravens or else? Don’t be political? Social justice is political. Who invited politics into football? The players did when they took a knee.

So anyone have any good recipes? Banned.

How about UFO theories? Banned.

Favorite TV show? Banned.

Fucking lamest thing I have seen on this board ever is shutting down an ENTIRE section to stop political posting. Big brother much?

What the fuck is there to talk about in the regards to a highly questionable 2020 football season? 8th string possible draft picks all day?

Whole country is in a state of semi-lockdown so the geniuses decide, you know what, lets make them leave in droves to Reddit, Quora, or other Ravens boards. My suggestion is go to https://forums.footballsfuture.com/ if you want an Ubermoderated football site. Because there isn’t shit to talk about here if they are going to take away the community of friends relegating everyone to talk about a season that might not even finish.
    Shhhhhhh!

-"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bolded is exactly what happened to the Covid-19 thread from the main forum. A bunch of guys who just couldn't be satisfied with their safe space, randomly showing up in the main forum thread on the occasional weekend, just to screw with it, in the hopes of getting it sent downstairs. Then, we'd get a warning from a Mod, they'd go away for a while, and be back at a later weekend.
    That's pretty unfair Ex. There were plenty of people on "both" sides of the political arena that would introduce political ideas/commentary into that thread.

Also, I think it's disingenuous to suggest that one can separate Coronavirus from politics when the entire country was on a lockdown, the economy tanked, the media's BS, and we're in an election year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Lots of division here on both sides. Why not just partition the politics forum 3 ways? One for right leaning talking points, one for left leaning talking points, and one for everything else non politics. Then anyone is free to go in and engage with opposing viewpoints knowing what to expect, or can avoid it all together in the everything else section.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Alex Jones might have a gardening channel you can look at where he uses alien DNA to create 50-foot long summer squash.
    That's just too much squash

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That's just too much squash

I agree.

And Alex Jones is a douche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Just bring the covid thread back to the main forum and open the politics section again.

It was idiotic moving it there in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    But all the crying liberal twats can always come here and being among their own kind. You should be happy. Hilarious.
    This is an example of why we don't want to bother with the Political forum. What is intelligible about the bolded statement? Man, when we're discussing Covid-19, we're not trying to deal with all of that. Which is why we didn't want the thread moved, because we knew that once it was, we'd have to deal with all of that, because of how that area is policed.

Let them have their forum. I don't really care. We were just fine with our one thread where we could actually discuss Covid-19 without having to deal with this sort of stuff. They can stay down there for all I care. Just let us have our one thread in peace and if any of them want to come up and have real discussion, and not just post random articles they themselves didn't read through, assume that all scientists are not of vastly different disciplines, have porous information dissected completely, only to show up three weeks later trying to pump the same information as if we'd forgotten about it, make this about the media spreading fear, and going on about a bunch of "Libtards", then it would absolutely be welcomed. And we'll do our part, as we were trying to do, to make sure that nobody goes on a Trump rant. They can have their Covid thread down there and anyone else Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian who'd like to enjoy their discussion without it surrounding 'The evil media pushing agendas', can have this one thread on the main forum.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Shhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Oh yeah! We did that. My wife shredded a bunch and made some cakes with breadcrumbs and egg and parmesan. Some were baked and some were fried then sauce and more cheese and that was just fantastic. With a little wine and some fresh basil.. very good.

I was skeptical I had pests but lo and behold pulled one wilty stalk and there was a big fat grub in it. Those little m*******rs. I've never replanted this late in the year so am excited to see if I can get them pumping again by Fall. They went south quick. They went from having nice thick healthy stalks to splitting and cracking with yellow ooze. Probably some water stress didn't help but I had a vine borer for sure and if you can see one....
    You know, the first time we tried zucchini we got a ton for a month or two, and then squash bugs moved in and destroyed everything in a couple weeks.

Blog Entries

That's pretty unfair Ex. There were plenty of people on "both" sides of the political arena that would introduce political ideas/commentary into that thread.

Also, I think it's disingenuous to suggest that one can separate Coronavirus from politics when the entire country was on a lockdown, the economy tanked, the media's BS, and we're in an election year.
    And there were several posters, myself included who posted to make sure that those on that other side also didn't get political and also acknowledged that the Protests would give a rise in numbers, for example. And I did so respectfully. And they left it alone. Yet and still, despite us doing those things, we'd still get a bunch of guys coming up making this about the media pushing fear and wanting Trump out, as if we'd not acknowledged some of the inconsistencies in media coverage. Like, 'Didn't we discuss this five pages ago? Why are people going on about this, as if us in this thread have not discussed and acknowledged certain things'?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am using Tapatalk, and will look into restricting the forums that I can see on my phone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually prefer the subscription view. You flag which forums/topics you want from any site you've added, and it creates a view out of them. Can see the last few threads created in a forum since last time you checked, as well as any updates on threads you're subscribed to.

I agree.

And Alex Jones is a douche.
    But let's not bury the lead here. Does the alien DNA cause the squash to grow microchips?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But let's not bury the lead here. Does the alien DNA cause the squash to grow microchips?

I suppose it could, but only if introduced with Humanzee mutations as well.