Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What happened to the politics forum?

If it's permanently gone, that would be a good thing for this site as a whole.

It was still a sane place when I checked it out on first coming here. However I would never have started using this site if the Politics Forum had been the echo chamber of stupid that it is now. I would have assumed that RSR was a Ravens site for insane far right conspiracists and moved on.

It had become a really extreme far right safe space where there were threads welcoming a second civil war. That's got to be offputting to most casual visitors.

It's not that people can't tolerate opposing views. It's that you can't argue with conspiracies. The whole point of them is that they can never be proved wrong. Truth has no place.
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 07-31-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

It was still a sane place when I checked it out on first coming here. However I would never have started using this site if the Politics Forum had been the echo chamber of stupid that it is now. I would have assumed that RSR was a Ravens site for insane far right conspiracists and moved on.

It had become a really extreme far right safe space where there were threads welcoming a second civil war. That's got to be offputting to most casual visitors.

It's not that people can't tolerate opposing views. It's that you can't argue with conspiracies. The whole point of them is that they can never be proved wrong. Truth has no place.
    I agree with this sentiment. The great thing about sports is that people can come together to root for their favorite team without thinking about race, religion, or political affiliation. When I am at a bar watching a Ravens game with a bunch of people wearing our purple jerseys, we are bonding over the love of our favorite team. I don’t know the political views of other fans, and I don’t want to know. We are just Ravens fans or just sports fans in general. IMO, it would be better to leave this website as a primarily sports forum, and just shut the Politics Forum down permanently. There is too much division in our country right now as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Far right conspiracy theories? Like Russia collusion?

The reason left-wingers are so happy the politics forum got shut down is now nobody will demand evidence. They would go down there thinking they're gonna make the stupid conservatives look bad then run back up here where it's safe when we brought facts to the table. Very rarely do I see any of the usual folks from down there, left or right, making political statements up here. We keep it where it's supposed to be. You have brought politics into the football forum. BCH brought politics into the football forum. And y'all feel comfortable doing that because you think nobody will call your BS.

EDIT: I went and read every single post on the Civil War thread. Not a single person was in favor of one. The closest anybody got to wanting a Civil War was Owknows saying Balkanization might be the best option. The majority of that thread was about the Wuhan-flu and taxes.
    Last edited by darb72; 07-31-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

4. Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Wow. A "no holds barred" forum for promoting every conspiracy theory known to man and alien has gotten too extreme?
    But all the crying liberal twats can always come here and being among their own kind. You should be happy. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. The great thing about sports is that people can come together to root for their favorite team without thinking about race, religion, or political affiliation. When I am at a bar watching a Ravens game with a bunch of people wearing our purple jerseys, we are bonding over the love of our favorite team. I don’t know the political views of other fans, and I don’t want to know. We are just Ravens fans or just sports fans in general. IMO, it would be better to leave this website as a primarily sports forum, and just shut the Politics Forum down permanently. There is too much division in our country right now as it is.
    Agree with all this. As we can see from the posts above it brings a divise ugliness that this place would be better without.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    But all the crying liberal twats can always come here and being among their own kind. You should be happy. Hilarious.
    You and I have argued in the past, but I'd like to buy you a Dr. Pepper.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Agree with all this. As we can see from the posts above it brings a divise ugliness that this place would be better without.
    We've been called vile racists by BCH and stupid by you. So what you're asking for is the right to insult anybody who disagrees with you as long as they're not allowed to fight back. That seems fair.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    We've been called vile racists by BCH and stupid by you. So what you're asking for is the right to insult anybody who disagrees with you as long as they're not allowed to fight back. That seems fair.
    I think your best conspiracy theory was your thread about the left setting things up to "steal" an election where their guy has a double-digit lead. Comedy gold.

See, I didn't call you racist or stupid.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, I saw the "Proof that Democrats enjoy hurting children" thread was removed by Wicked and good on him for that,
    that's pretty standard over there. a circle jerk to own the libs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If I may...

I enjoyed posting in the Movies and Wrestling threads there, but overall it’s an alt-right circle jerk filled with thinly veiled racism, ridiculous conspiracy theories and other vile content that was likely offensive to half of this board which is why you only ever got right leaning folks posting there. I mean I have no problem with people who have different views than me but you lose me with threads like “further proof Democrats enjoy harming children” which was somehow allowed to stay up for nearly a week. That shit is 100% beneath this board. Is it a surprise they paused it?

Just putting this out there - but describing people that don't have the same perspective as you as stupid, racist, vile, conspiratorial, etc and therefore are beneath you is how you got this:

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I think your best conspiracy theory was your thread about the left setting things up to "steal" an election where their guy has a double-digit lead. Comedy gold.

See, I didn't call you racist or stupid.
    *pets your noggin* No, you didn't call me anything. You've proven something I've long thought to be likely, but I'll let you figure it out what it is cause you're my special little guy. When that final tumbler creaks into place, well you can bet I'm gonna be waiting there with a gold star just for you.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just putting this out there - but describing people that don't have the same perspective as you as stupid, racist, vile, conspiratorial, etc and therefore are beneath you is how you got this.
    To be perfectly fair I also treat those who hold different political views than I do as less than intelligent. I just keep it on the politics forum.
    ProFootballMock