Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    (emphasis added)

This post is not Ravens related. Why is it still on this board?
    Law of unintended consequences.

2. Re: What happened to the politics forum?

From what I've seen the politics forum is nothing more than a reflection of our society today. There is very little room for truth and facts. Emotion rules the day, Dont like the science go find someone who can supply an alternate opinion regardless of weather or not the accepted scientific method has been followed. If my candidate loses there is no doubt i can find a talking head to support my view of "we was had" regardless of weather they have proof or not. My God, there was a young man who entered a pizza parlor with a semi automatic weapon to free enslaved children because an email asked someone if they wanted a pizza.

There is no middle ground, very little exchange of ideas, it seems we have reached a point where he who can shout the loudest wins.

Cool Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    From what I've seen the politics forum is nothing more than a reflection of our society today. There is very little room for truth and facts. Emotion rules the day, Dont like the science go find someone who can supply an alternate opinion regardless of weather or not the accepted scientific method has been followed. If my candidate loses there is no doubt i can find a talking head to support my view of "we was had" regardless of weather they have proof or not. My God, there was a young man who entered a pizza parlor with a semi automatic weapon to free enslaved children because an email asked someone if they wanted a pizza.

There is no middle ground, very little exchange of ideas, it seems we have reached a point where he who can shout the loudest wins.
    Actually, years ago I had a birthday party at that pizza parlor (Comet Ping Pong). They had great thin pizza and the back room area had tables where you could play ping pong. Sorry but there were no pedophile activities going on there conspiracy fans, just pizza and ping pong.

This was way before that idiot with the semi automatic came bursting in there thinking he was Clint Eastwood!

Re: What happened to the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    If it's permanently gone, that would be a good thing for this site as a whole.

It was still a sane place when I checked it out on first coming here. However I would never have started using this site if the Politics Forum had been the echo chamber of stupid that it is now. I would have assumed that RSR was a Ravens site for insane far right conspiracists and moved on.

It had become a really extreme far right safe space where there were threads welcoming a second civil war. That's got to be offputting to most casual visitors.

It's not that people can't tolerate opposing views. It's that you can't argue with conspiracies. The whole point of them is that they can never be proved wrong. Truth has no place.
    I found this on a Steelers forum - I guess it goes to show there must be combined DNA out there: Poll: Are We Headed For a 2nd Civil War?