View Poll Results: How many weeks of regular season games will be played this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 9.80%
  • 1-7

20 39.22%
  • 8-16

11 21.57%
  • All 17

15 29.41%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

Lou Holtz tells Fox News that college football needs to play amid coronavirus pandemic this fall: "Let's move on with our life! When they stormed Normandy, they knew there were going to be casualties -- there were going to be risks."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Lou Holtz tells Fox News that college football needs to play amid coronavirus pandemic this fall: "Let's move on with our life! When they stormed Normandy, they knew there were going to be casualties -- there were going to be risks."
    There has to be some sort of tongue and cheek context behind that statement.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

No one in their right mind was going to expect a bunch of college kids to follow the necessary protocols. If one of them messes up, he'll probably be rightfully ridiculed (At least to some degree) on social media, but that won't save the damage his decisions may cause, with regard to the spread of the virus and the health ramifications of it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

it's obvious from how Holtz treated his teams that he didn't put much value in them. With that quote, it shows that college players are just numbers to him.

Blog Entries

The NFL has placed great emphasis on preparing to have football i.e. 2-weeks of testing, re-arranging facility for social distancing...to the extent of some teams expanding their facilities to outdoor tents etc.

Then I look at what the NCAA has done......what have they done?

It is clear to me the 2 professional football organizations in the US (NCAA and NFL) have approached the return of football very differently.

One organization was just going to push forward with the return of football with the expectation they could simply 'force' their employees to return without making any effort to protect their health.

And surprise...some team coalitions have already opted due to Covid-19 health concerns...and rightfully so imho.

What have college teams done compared to what the NFL has done?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I know Lou Holtz hasn't been lucid for years but that is one wild quote.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I saw where Deon Sanders came out and bashed players who are opting out. Now he's been fired by NFLN
    He joined Barstool Sports today. He'll have his own podcast (21st and Prime) and will also be a reoccurring guest on Pardon My Take.

Given the recent spate of Covid outbreaks, it seems like a good time to bump this thread
    Last edited by MarkS; 10-03-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Is there a certain demographic that's getting it more than others?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Given the recent spate of Covid outbreaks, it seems like a good time to bump this thread
    It's an interesting time, no doubt.

Blog Entries

Well, they made if further into the season than I thought they would.