View Poll Results: How many weeks of regular season games will be played this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 9.80%
  • 1-7

20 39.22%
  • 8-16

11 21.57%
  • All 17

15 29.41%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They don't know.....wear a mask and stay safe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Of course.

The reason I ask is I've heard this sort of thing mentioned anecdotally before but have not read much about it.

It would seem to me disinformation about catastrophic effects of the virus might be just as damaging as downplaying it. Neither are good. People worry about disinformation campaigns and always assume they are one sided, the side they disagree with, and not simply designed to create maximum confusion/division/anger/fear etc.

2. Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

I fear the saddest part of this season is that this years champion could be little more than a function of which team manages to keep the most quality players off the virus IR.

Blog Entries

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-source-says

"A league source told ESPN that two players, including one rookie, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, and the team made the decision to conduct the day's meetings virtually."
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-source-says

"A league source told ESPN that two players, including one rookie, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, and the team made the decision to conduct the day's meetings virtually."

Damn rookies .

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think anytime you end up on a vent for any reason this is likely right?

Can someone please post a link about people with mild or asymptomatic cases ending up with heart and lung damage. I'm asking this because I think this sort of thing, if untrue, could represent a type of fear mongering that is not going to lead to the best and most rational decisions being made. I feel like if that was true, if mild cases of covid resulted in "heart and lung" damage then we'd be hearing more about it.

I think if it hits you hard, if you are one of those people, then this would not surprise me. That's only happening in a small fraction of cases thought right?
    This is a study that’s gotten quite a bit of discussion recently. It’s from Germany I believe. It was published in JAMA 3 days ago and looked at residual cardiac damage in patients who recovered from COVID.

2/3rds of the patients were NOT hospitalized.

There is definitely a chronic damage component to COVID-19 and our understanding will continue to evolve. These are (still) early days when it comes to long-term outcomes.

The question is how many people want to take the risk to be one of those to find out firsthand?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

There will be a lot of issues in the NFL's way. One of which is that, even if the league did everything perfectly well (Whatever that may be), there will be players who do not follow the rules and there will be enough of them to spread the virus. The NBA had the Lou Williams situation and stories of players trying to sneak women into the bubble. For them, they are thankful to have the bubble and very few cases like Williams. For the NFL, there'd be way too many. Look at baseball. This wasn't just the front office pushing for the players to play despite testing positive, this was the players pushing for it, despite their own positive tests.

I'd be glad to be wrong, but I don't think football stands a chance.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think they play part of a season this fall, it fails spectacularly, but they ultimately finish in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    This is a study that’s gotten quite a bit of discussion recently. It’s from Germany I believe. It was published in JAMA 3 days ago and looked at residual cardiac damage in patients who recovered from COVID.

2/3rds of the patients were NOT hospitalized.

There is definitely a chronic damage component to COVID-19 and our understanding will continue to evolve. These are (still) early days when it comes to long-term outcomes.

The question is how many people want to take the risk to be one of those to find out firsthand?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Q. Not kidding on "recently", like 2 days. We'll see if it's followed up with more such studies. If this is true it would mean that an indefinite and more stringent lockdown is the best course of action until a vaccine is developed. I can't see how any other sane conclusion could be reached.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think anytime you end up on a vent for any reason this is likely right?

Can someone please post a link about people with mild or asymptomatic cases ending up with heart and lung damage. I'm asking this because I think this sort of thing, if untrue, could represent a type of fear mongering that is not going to lead to the best and most rational decisions being made. I feel like if that was true, if mild cases of covid resulted in "heart and lung" damage then we'd be hearing more about it.

I think if it hits you hard, if you are one of those people, then this would not surprise me. That's only happening in a small fraction of cases thought right?
    I had read about doctors finding out people had covid without knowing it when people came in for unrelated chest x-rays and they found lung damage. I'll see if I can find articles in a few.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The only NFL games that 2020 will see are last season’s playoffs and Super Bowl.

I’m afraid there will not be a season this year.

It sucks. But that’s that.

Blog Entries

The question is: If MLB is already having the problems that they are, how would the NFL not have just as many, if not more of those same problems? The reality is that there isn't an answer for that without a bubble or collection of bubbles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The question is: If MLB is already having the problems that they are, how would the NFL not have just as many, if not more of those same problems? The reality is that there isn't an answer for that without a bubble or collection of bubbles.
    How long has the Korean league baseball been going on without complication?

Soccer has been going on for awhile too.

I haven’t been following closely but I thought it was the Marlins handling it poorly as opposed to MLB as a whole?