View Poll Results: How many weeks of regular season games will be played this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 9.80%
  • 1-7

20 39.22%
  • 8-16

11 21.57%
  • All 17

15 29.41%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I think the point is that you can't transmit concussion to your loved ones. It's not about the players, it's about the players wives, children and parents.
    This. Seems rather obvious to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Because they're scared. The news is selling fear and people are buying. You can't tell me that corona is worse than multiple concussions.
    LOL keep the head in your butthole while people who cleared covid deal with lasting heart and lung damage. Not like teams haven't cut players because they had a heart condition or anything. Much better than concussions.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

I predict 8 games. I think they'll get in half a regular season. This prediction is based upon nothing but what my feeble brain tells me. Sometimes I wish it would just leave me alone... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    And covid can cause lasting heart and lung problems

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I think anytime you end up on a vent for any reason this is likely right?

Can someone please post a link about people with mild or asymptomatic cases ending up with heart and lung damage. I'm asking this because I think this sort of thing, if untrue, could represent a type of fear mongering that is not going to lead to the best and most rational decisions being made. I feel like if that was true, if mild cases of covid resulted in "heart and lung" damage then we'd be hearing more about it.

I think if it hits you hard, if you are one of those people, then this would not surprise me. That's only happening in a small fraction of cases thought right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Me either. I think that if enough marquee players opt out, the NFL will pull the plug on the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's going to have to be QBs. If you start getting established, quality QBs opting out, then the NFL is going to have a problem because the quality of play is going to plummet. I think most other positions you can more or less work around not having certain guys, but not at QB. Like if Wilson were to opt out, the Seahawks QB room is Geno Smith and some guy named Anthony Gordon...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Me either. I think that if enough marquee players opt out, the NFL will pull the plug on the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, it could be kind of an interesting experiment though...

Let's say guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Lamar, etc all decide to sit out. These guys are in no way going to be at risk of losing their jobs in 2021.

Then, we'd be looking at a lot of teams with backup players and guys that wouldn't normally get a shot at playing in a meaningful game. It wouldn't be perfect, but who knows? Maybe a gem or two will emerge?

Even then though...

I just dont see an NFL season going on. If a bunch of players get COVID, you can't NOT have them be quarantined for two weeks (at least)...and that's if their symptoms are mild or moderate. There is always the off chance that guys could be severely impacted. Then what?

I think the NFL could have a lot of liability suits on their hand as well down the road if guys get sick...get their families sick...etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I would imagine the NFL has language in whatever agreement they came to that prohibits players from legal action down the road? I'm far from a legal expert but with them allowing any player to opt out no questions asked and retain their contract for next season, I can't imagine what avenue the players would have to pursue legal action in the event of someone getting sick.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    LOL keep the head in your butthole while people who cleared covid deal with lasting heart and lung damage. Not like teams haven't cut players because they had a heart condition or anything. Much better than concussions.
    And what are the numbers on these heart and lung damages exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

Can someone please post a link about people with mild or asymptomatic cases ending up with heart and lung damage. I'm asking this because I think this sort of thing, if untrue, could represent a type of fear mongering that is not going to lead to the best and most rational decisions being made. I feel like if that was true, if mild cases of covid resulted in "heart and lung" damage then we'd be hearing more about it.

I think if it hits you hard, if you are one of those people, then this would not surprise me. That's only happening in a small fraction of cases thought right?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dy/5536249002/
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916
    "Find #20 on every play"

I can see at least half games being played - if they get through TC. That's a big if. I think 3 or so bye-weeks grouped together in the middle of season to recover/regroup is very likely.
    "Find #20 on every play"

Yup that’s the study I read yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

They don't know.....wear a mask and stay safe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans