View Poll Results: How many weeks of regular season games will be played this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

5 9.80%
  • 1-7

20 39.22%
  • 8-16

11 21.57%
  • All 17

15 29.41%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Predict the duration of the 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It would be silly for football players to sit out considering the fact that corona is nothing compared to the risks that they already take.... you can recover from corona but good luck recovering from CTE, an ACL tear, or shoulder surgery.

You can't be serious! 150,000 Americans have been killed by the coronavirus. How many NFL players have been killed playing football?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    How many weeks of regular season games will be played this year?
    Good Afternoon Shaslers. How have you been?

As to the question. I would be surprised if they made it out of training camp. If MLB fell on their face this quickly, the NFL may fall faster.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    My fearless prediction:

Training camp starts. At some point, at least one team (and probably more than one) will have a major outbreak affecting a large number of players - enough that the whole team has to shut down activities for an extended time period.

Realizing that multiple teams will be heading into week 1 at a competitive disadvantage having had far less practice time, the NFL cancels the 1st month of the season and moves to a 12-game schedule, while trying to tighten their protocols (including a total ban on fans attending games).

The season manages to start around Oct 4th. By week 3 or 4, multiple additional teams experience large outbreaks. Significant portions of those teams are sidelined when those players are forced to quarantine for 2+ weeks. Realizing this will continue to happen, and unable to get the NFLPA to agree to move to an NBA-style bubble format, the NFL "temporarily" suspends the rest of the season and considers their options.

2 months later, with Covid continuing to pose a threat to the population at large, and no safe options in sight, the NFL cancels the rest of the season.
    Can you please be a little more specific. I have no idea about your feelings on this

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

You can't be serious! 150,000 Americans have been killed by the coronavirus. How many NFL players have been killed playing football?
    So you're gonna compare the entire pool of americans that have been killed by corona to NFL players killed by playing football?

Why not an actual fair comparison like the number of football players killed by corona instead? You know we don't have 80 year old men with underlying health conditions playing football out there right? That's your typical coronavirus victim.

And it's not just about deaths.. CTE causes severe depression that pretty much makes you wish that you really were dead. That's pretty bad. Living miserably due to a brain injury sounds a lot worse than death does.

And it's not just about deaths.. CTE causes severe depression that pretty much makes you wish that you really were dead. That's pretty bad. Living miserably due to a brain injury sounds a lot worse than death does.
    And covid can cause lasting heart and lung problems

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I'd like to hope they'd be concerned and careful and not be stupid like the Marlins players and go to a strip club.

Blog Entries

I don’t think the season happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    And covid can cause lasting heart and lung problems

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Just read about this today basically your heart is in the same condition as after a heart attack yikes

Blog Entries

CTE is not something that you can pass on to your child, or your wife, or your parents, and have any one of them ending up in the hospital or God forbid, with long-term heart and lung issues or even worse. It's not something you can pass on to the person next to you.

When over 40 states issue some form of stay-at-home order, and over 100,000 people still manage to die from Covid-19 complications, in a span of three months, and we're now learning about the long-term health ramifications in those once thought to be 'Young, healthy and okay', I think that's reason enough to be afraid. I don't think that's the media pushing fear.

Many felt it wouldn't even get here from China: Wrong
    Many felt that what happened in Italy wouldn't happen here: Wrong
    Many felt that the very idea of claiming 100,000 would die was fear mongering: Wrong
    Many felt that what happened in New York wouldn't happen anywhere else: Look at where that is headed. Three states at or around 200 deaths per day already, while still having nearly 10,000 new cases per day, with case positivity rates shooting up.

It's not the media pushing fear anymore. It's real.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 07-29-2020 at 11:12 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t think the season happens.

Me either. I think that if enough marquee players opt out, the NFL will pull the plug on the season.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Because they're scared. The news is selling fear and people are buying. You can't tell me that corona is worse than multiple concussions.
    I think the point is that you can't transmit concussion to your loved ones. It's not about the players, it's about the players wives, children and parents.