Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welp, I might not be watching this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Or, it recognizes the history of this country and the fight black people have endured and celebrates it. You guys keep saying that this song and #BLM divides people by race, but all I see is people supporting it. I think it's having the opposite effect that you think it does.
    Fixed it for you.

Or, it recognizes the history of this country and the fight black people have endured and celebrates it. You guys keep saying that this song and #BLM divides people by race, but all I see is people from all races supporting it. I think it's having the opposite effect that you think it does.
    This really isn't difficult.

You yourself said it is the BLACK NATIONAL ANTHEM.

An Anthem... for a BLACK NATION

What Black Nation?

Are Black Citizens Americans?

Or have they chosen to divide themselves into a Separate Nation, that requires an Anthem?

Ehhhh I think it's exclusionary if you personally want it to be. Plenty of white people and people of other races love singing it. It's kinda like BLM. It's only a race thing if you want it be. There are millions of people of other races who love BLM. If you wanna be excluded, that's up to you. Can't force you to join.
    The title of the song excludes me. I am not part of the black nation, but I can agree that black lives matter.
    BLM is not exclusionary by definition, but it’s tactics tend to be divisive.
    Do you see the difference? You do but you won’t admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Fixt it for you.
    That's perfect. I see people supporting it too. So again, I submit to you that the truth is that the song is only exclusionary if it is exclusionary in your own head. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    It's not ignorance.

It's deception.

Either of the self... or more likely of others.

Every conversation with bandc reaches a point where an important truth must be acknowledged in order for honest discussion to continue.

And each time that point is reached, he evades rather than concedes.

His need to evade is testimony enough to any honest observer.
    Hats off to you for once again cutting through all the BS and distilling things down to their essence.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    This really isn't difficult.

You yourself said it is the BLACK NATIONAL ANTHEM.

An Anthem... for a BLACK NATION

What Black Nation?

Are Black Citizens Americans?

Or have they chosen to divide themselves into a Separate Nation, that requires an Anthem?
    The star-spangled banner tells the story of America's unique story on it's journey to independence. We all understand that.

Lift Every Voice and Sing tells the story of BLACK American's unique story on it's journey to independence. Yet you somehow don't understand that.
    lolol and who chose to separate black people from the rest of America?? It surely wasn't black people

Blog Entries

That's perfect. I see people supporting it too. So again, I submit to you that the truth is that the song is only exclusionary if it is exclusionary in your own head. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Lol. A more telling reply from you has never been posted!!!

You post "race", I say just "people" remove race and you say "I see people supporting it too". Showing that you do in fact sperate people and race.

You are a racist sir. Plain and simple.

My love for my country is greater than my love for football. And I won’t give me time or money to an organization that is supporting a self described Marxist organization.

And sorry you had to sit through glorification of the people who volunteered to protect your freedom. Did you need to a tissue after watching that, Snowflake?
    Sounds good! See ya later.

Also - I have all the love in the world for people that serve in uniform. I don't have love for the decision makers in the government and in the pentagon who regularly send those people (who are all too often at the lower end of the economic spectrum) into meaningless/endless conflict to be killed and to kill others. And I'd rather not have the glorification of that apparatus be part of a completely unrelated event that I go to watch for entertainment purposes (i.e., the NFL). But, whatever. Sometimes you just have to get over it and let yourself enjoy a game.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The title of the song excludes me. I am not part of the black nation, but I can agree that black lives matter.
    BLM is not exclusionary by definition, but it’s tactics tend to be divisive.
    Do you see the difference? You do but you won’t admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is the title exclusionary??? It's literally explaining that it is the anthem of the story of black people in this Nation. It is part of America's history. There is no rule that says you cannot sing about the struggles and triumph of black people in America.

You singing that song is actually one of the most patriotic things you can do.

Lol. A more telling reply from you has never been posted!!!

You post "race", I say just "people" remove race and you say "I see people supporting it too". Showing that you do in fact sperate people and race.

You are a racist sir. Plain and simple.
    lol you are very triggered. Racism is defined as showing or displaying superiority over another race.

Yet me saying that all races are coming together makes me a racist??

The star-spangled banner tells the story of America's unique story on it's journey to independence. We all understand that.

Lift Every Voice and Sing tells the story of BLACK American's unique story on it's journey to independence. Yet you somehow don't understand that.
    lolol and who chose to separate black people from the rest of America?? It surely wasn't black people

I don't CARE about the merits of either of the songs.

They are irrelevant to the point.

The point is that the CONCEPT of a Black National Anthem is divisive and disunifying.

Just as the CONCEPT of a White National Anthem would be divisive and disunifying.

The goal of efforts to end racial injustice, is to STOP DIVIDING US BY RACE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    Sometimes you just have to get over it and let yourself enjoy a game.
    When that game is using my funds to support a Marxist, racist organization, no thanks.