Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Welp, I might not be watching this season.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Hmmm... let's try an experiment...

I don't understand what's so controversial about the white national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?

Yeah... that statement sucks too
    Y'all are still trying to reason with it? Interesting.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Are you really gonna skip out on watching our beautiful black MVP of a quarterback absolutely destroy the league? You'll be missing out on a HOF in his prime. What a shame.
    How very racist of you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DrawTheLine View Post
    Yes I know that BLM matter and I don't need to see all these messages all over the place shoved down my throat. We all watch football to escape all our problems and politics. Plus I don't agree with BLM organizations message and what they stand for. One can guarantee all the teams will participate in this. There is plenty of other things to do around the house and outdoors. Maybe instead of sitting on the couch eating junk food I can get myself in shape.

I tried to watch baseball the other day but once I saw the BLM letters on the mound I was done with them too. I know no one cares but I don't think I'll go back to sports. I can go on youtube and watch old clips of the NFL.
    Black lives matter, sure. BLM is a Marxist organization that has openly threatened Jewish people, police, and remains silent when children are gunned down in the street.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I don't understand what's so controversial about the black national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?
    Really? You don't understand why it's a problem having a <blank> National Anthem where <blank> is some racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual preference based identity?
    Should we rename the existing one the "White National Anthem"? Then should we add one for all the other endless subdivisions that exist in the NFL and the US i.e. Gay, Trans, Native-American, Chinese-American, Pacific-Islander, Mexican American, Indian-American etc. etc.. Any of those things really sound like good ideas to you?
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Hmmm... let's try an experiment...

I don't understand what's so controversial about the white national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?

Yeah... that statement sucks too
    What is the white national anthem? I can't find it on google. Post it here so we can critique the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Really? You don't understand why it's a problem having a <blank> National Anthem where <blank> is some racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual preference based identity?
    Should we rename the existing one the "White National Anthem"? Then should we add one for all the other endless subdivisions that exist in the NFL and the US i.e. Gay, Trans, Native-American, Chinese-American, Pacific-Islander, Mexican American, Indian-American etc. etc.. Any of those things really sound like good ideas to you?
    You can't actually reason with it because it's either a troll or an idiot. Either way, the best bet is to ignore it or mock it depending on one's mood.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How very racist of you.
    lol how is that racist?

Are you really gonna skip out on watching our beautiful black MVP of a quarterback absolutely destroy the league? You'll be missing out on a HOF in his prime. What a shame.
    Hilarious that all these conservative snowflakes give up something they love so much because of this stuff. Denying themselves a hobby/past-time because they don't agree with certain people that are exercising their first amendment rights.

Left leaning folks have dealt with the right leaning military glorification / paid patriotism BS for long enough without letting it affect our enjoyment of the game. Get over yourselves.

Good timing on this as well! I'll enjoy watching our once in a lifetime QB dice up defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    You can't actually reason with it because it's either a troll or an idiot. Either way, the best bet is to ignore it or mock it depending on one's mood.
    Ah yes, I'm a troll because I disagree with you....but I prefer the mocking though btw. I like to see how creative you can get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    Hilarious that all these conservative snowflakes give up something they love so much because of this stuff. Denying themselves a hobby/past-time because they don't agree with certain people that are exercising their first amendment rights.

Left leaning folks have dealt with the right leaning military glorification / paid patriotism BS for long enough without letting it affect our enjoyment of the game. Get over yourselves.

Good timing on this as well! I'll enjoy watching our once in a lifetime QB dice up defenses.
    lol right! It's hilarious....it's especially funny because the people they are supposedly standing up for (the military men and woman) AGREE and actually take pride in people exercising the rights they fought bravely for.

Welp, I might not be watching this season.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    If they stand for the ‘black national anthem’ and kneel for the national anthem, I’m out.
    I’m going to echo Moe and say that I’d be lying if this would stop me from watching, but this is the point where I get angry... if they are both respected I am “ok” ish having a black national anthem though I think it is divisive and unnecessary, but.., I digress.

If this occurs, it certainly shows who the real racists are...
    I have said for a while, that there is one community ere racism runs rampant, and it’s the same community that claims to hate it so much. Maybe some homes don’t have mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 07-28-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m going to echo Moe and say that I’d be lying if this would stop me from watching, but this is the point where I get angry... if they are both respected I am “ok” ish having a black national anthem though I think it is divisive and unnecessary, but.., I digress.

If this occurs, it certainly shows who the real racists are...
    I have said for each while, that there is one community ere racism runs rampant, and it’s the same community that claims to hate it so much. Maybe some homes don’t have mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you explain to me sir why Lift Every Voice and Sing is divisive?