Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Welp, I might not be watching this season.

"A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Re: Welp, I might not be watching this season.

Yeah, if football isn’t going to be about football I won’t watch it either.

If they stand for the ‘black national anthem’ and kneel for the national anthem, I’m out.

It's going to depend on what the Ravens do. I don't care much about the other teams because screw 'em, but if the Ravens start up with this nonsense I'll catch highlights on occasion but won't spend money.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah, if football isn’t going to be about football I won’t watch it either.
    It should always have been about patches and endzone gestures. No one should kneel during the national anthem though and if people feel compelled to do that then the NFL should just do away with it.

I disagree that there should be a black national anthem played as well. If anything is played it should be something everyone can get behind that represents everyone. I'm not totally wed to the anthem but the point of playing it was to unify and if it isn't going to do that, if it is going to be just a prop for some guy to drop his pants and take a dump to then forget it. "But you don't understand, it's not about taking a shit on the flag...that steaming turd on the flag represents freedom and equality blah blah... Here, let me piss on you and tell you that it's raining..."

What's going to happen if people boo the black national anthem? I'm guessing that's not going to be okay but this year with the virus it's going to be a weird one because there isn't going to be a crowd at the game to register it's disgust/displeasure at whatever nonsense they trot out. I really don't want to see that happen either btw. The point of this was to try to unify and when people boo that it will be ugly/distasteful and I think it will happen.
    Last edited by Moe the Crow; 07-28-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

Oh well, it's not to hard these days to find something else to do. I may just see if everyone in 2021 if I decide to come back. It was a great 20 year run with my PSLs and it's come to this. That's unfortunate.

I'd be lying if I said I would not watch football. I'll watch it like I always do though->DVR. I like to get stuff done on Sunday and watch at my leisure. When you DVR the game you can skip all the bullsh** including commercials.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Are you really gonna skip out on watching our beautiful black MVP of a quarterback absolutely destroy the league? You'll be missing out on a HOF in his prime. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    It should always have been about patches and endzone gestures. No one should kneel during the national anthem though and if people feel compelled to do that then the NFL should just do away with it.

I disagree that there should be a black national anthem played as well. If anything is played it should be something everyone can get behind that represents everyone. I'm not totally wed to the anthem but the point of playing it was to unify and if it isn't going to do that, if it is going to be just a prop for some guy to drop his pants and take a dump to then forget it. "But you don't understand, it's not about taking a shit on the flag...that steaming turd on the flag represents freedom and equality blah blah... Here, let me piss on you and tell you that it's raining..."

What's going to happen if people boo the black national anthem? I'm guessing that's not going to be okay but this year with the virus it's going to be a weird one because there isn't going to be a crowd at the game to register it's disgust/displeasure at whatever nonsense they trot out. I really don't want to see that happen either btw. The point of this was to try to unify and when people boo that it will be ugly/distasteful and I think it will happen.
    I don't understand what's so controversial about the black national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I would not watch football. I'll watch it like I always do though->DVR. I like to get stuff done on Sunday and watch at my leisure. When you DVR the game you can skip all the bullsh** including commercials.
    I walked away when the Ravens knelt in London. Still haven't finished putting all the memorabilia back up.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I don't understand what's so controversial about the black national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?
    Hmmm... let's try an experiment...

I don't understand what's so controversial about the white national anthem, or why everyone couldn't get behind it. There arent any controversial lyrics, and it was born out of hope for a better day. What's wrong with that? And why the heck would anyone boo it?

Yeah... that statement sucks too

Yes I know that BLM matter and I don't need to see all these messages all over the place shoved down my throat. We all watch football to escape all our problems and politics. Plus I don't agree with BLM organizations message and what they stand for. One can guarantee all the teams will participate in this. There is plenty of other things to do around the house and outdoors. Maybe instead of sitting on the couch eating junk food I can get myself in shape.

I tried to watch baseball the other day but once I saw the BLM letters on the mound I was done with them too. I know no one cares but I don't think I'll go back to sports. I can go on youtube and watch old clips of the NFL.