Training Camp Starts Today!

Training Camp starts today! so I guess 2020 is underway
    what are we looking for?

*new starter at RG
    *implementing the new front seven
    *figuring a new return man
    *and hopefully NO INJURIES!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...5xq-story.html

July 28-29: Veterans arriving at the facility will undergo a COVID-19 test on back-to-back days.

July 30: Players will remain away from the facility while waiting for the results of their tests.

July 31: Players will return to the facility to take their third COVID-19 test.

Aug. 1-2: Players who have returned three negative tests can enter the facility to take their physicals and be fitted for their equipment.

sounds like the stupid Covid will be the big issue...
    Last edited by sailorsam; 07-28-2020 at 07:22 AM. Reason: add content
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp Starts Today!

Which team will be the first to suspend camp from a Covid outbreak? In New Jersey they had 24 lifeguards from the same 2 towns all test positive because they were young and dumb and partied like they do every Summer. Are we really going to see a more mature attitude from multi-millionaires in their early 20s?

I read that De'Anthony Thomas has decided to opt out this season. He won't be the last Raven to do that. That's another issue that teams are going to have to deal with since there will be players who decide that they don't feel comfortable playing this year

Really nothing is happening until August 12 at the earliest. The only thing that's starting today is COVID testing. And then a couple weeks of weightlifting.

But it is nice to think about the boys being back at 1 Winning Drive. Just hope they can stay there.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Which team will be the first to suspend camp from a Covid outbreak? In New Jersey they had 24 lifeguards from the same 2 towns all test positive because they were young and dumb and partied like they do every Summer. Are we really going to see a more mature attitude from multi-millionaires in their early 20s?

I read that De'Anthony Thomas has decided to opt out this season. He won't be the last Raven to do that. That's another issue that teams are going to have to deal with since there will be players who decide that they don't feel comfortable playing this year
    Easy. Cleveland.

Ravens Waive 4 & Put Breeland on NFI List

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-on-nfi-list/

Has hightower for the pats? Thats a big loss to them.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Has hightower for the pats? Thats a big loss to them.
    Quoting myself. Yes he did, just had a child this month so opts out.

Blog Entries

I’m with GOTA on this. I just don’t see how they can field 53 players, all the staff of 32 teams roaming all over the country and not seeing one team get half infected.

Blog Entries

Infections are going to happen, I agree that I don't see any way you have 1700+ players, along with team staff, traveling around the country and not end up with some positive tests, it's just going to be how they handle it that determines whether the season plays through to completion or not. If we get to a Sunday and there are suddenly multiple infections on a team, the league and team have to be willing to cancel/forfeit or move that game back to a later date. What MLB did over the weekend is how you DON'T want to handle it IMO. I don't think calling up a few PS guys to take their place and proceeding with the game is the way you want to do that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dropsalotaylor View Post
    Easy. Cleveland.
    LOL! I should have thought of that. It's obvious, isn't it. If there is a franchise that will screw up it's going to be the Browns

Andre Smith opts out (second Ravens player to do so). Not seeing either one a big loss. Might be opting out just to make sure they get the $150k (which is better than being cut).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mith-opts-out/

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Andre Smith opts out (second Ravens player to do so). Not seeing either one a big loss. Might be opting out just to make sure they get the $150k (which is better than being cut).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mith-opts-out/
    I didn't even think about bubble players who are at risk of being cut anyways opting out for a guaranteed paycheck.