OT: Football podcasts

Not Ravens related; but if you like listening to sharp football people talk, Kyle Shanahan appears on the Chris Simms podcast, and it's SUPER interesting:

Chris Simms Unbuttoned
    #168 - Guest: 49ers Coach Kyle Shanahan
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000485887827
    Kyle Shanahan finally returns for another appearance on the podcast. He talks about getting over the Super Bowl loss and preparing for a season unlike any other.
    Simms & Shanahan go back. They were college teammates at Texas from 2000 to 2002; Shanahan played WR and caught 14 passes from Simms. Then in the NFL, Shanahan was an offensive QC coach on Gruden's staff 2004-5 while Simms was the QB there (in his 2nd & 3rd seasons). So Shanahan is very frank.

Ha: at one point Shanahan cusses. He says something like "if you play like shit that day – oops, sorry. I don't know what I'm allowed to say on your podcast. I'm talking like we're just Facetiming each other."
    And Simms comes back with, "No, go ahead. It's MY podcast, you can say whatever the fuck you want.

They publish a table of contents, which I really like for a long podcast. A very civilized practice. Here's this one's:

• (1:15) Fashion: Chris grills Kyle on his "look"
    • (6:15) Career: What Kyle learned from his father, Jon Gruden, Monte Kiffin & other coaching mentors
    • (17:00) Xs and Os: How he organizes his playbook for gameday to "crack the code"
    • (22:15) Seattle scheme: Why Kyle prefers it for his defense
    • (27:45) 2019 season: How Kyle knew his defense was elite way back in Training Camp, the impact of the Emmanuel Sanders trade, and Jimmy Garoppolo's improvement
    • (35:40) Super Bowl LIV: How he got over the depression of the loss and if he's watched the game with the team yet
    • (40:15) 2020 expectations: Is this year "Super Bowl or bust"?
    • (43:20) Coaching: How Kyle builds his style on being honest to players
    • (49:45) Jimmy Garoppolo: Why he's just getting started
    • (53:15) 3rd & 15: At what point of the Super Bowl did Kyle say "Oh no"?
    • (55:15) COVID-19: How Kyle is preparing for the season and why he's more optimistic since arriving to the facility
    • (1:01:00) Preseason games: Why he's glad they were canceled this year

I gave this thread a general title, in case people want to chime in with other general-NFL podcasts (not so much Ravens centric). But I'm just posting because for this episode. It's great.

Re: OT: Football podcasts

"Ex and Ex Radio Podcast" coming soon to every living room