Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Predict the extent of persecution of Trump once he leaves office

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Do you seriously believe that anyone outside of Trump’s base is going to believe that he bears no responsibility for his Administration’s response to this pandemic? IMO, Trump’s failure of leadership during this pandemic is what is going to cost him this election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The media has done its best to ensure that many if not most blame trump more than anyone for the handling of the virus. When the virus had been almost stamped out they created race riots to ensure it remained.

Blog Entries

They have a right to be there, but only to protect federal property. They cannot be there to police a city or to put down a riot. Otherwise, that move runs afoul of posse comitatus IMO.

Now apply that to the virus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Now apply that to the virus.
    I just did. The virus is not a state issue. Police activity is a state issue. If local police cannot handle a policing situation, then that is what the National Guard is there to do at the discretion of that state’s Governor.

Under your rational, response to a natural disaster like a hurricane, would solely be a state issue, but then why do we have FEMA? A President cannot abdicate his responsibilities during a time of crisis, and then claim to be an effective leader.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I just did. The virus is not a state issue. Police activity is a state issue. If local police cannot handle a policing situation, then that is what the National Guard is there to do at the discretion of that state’s Governor.

Under your rational, response to a natural disaster like a hurricane, would solely be a state issue, but then why do we have FEMA? A President cannot abdicate his responsibilities during a time of crisis, and then claim to be an effective leader.

How the state handles the virus is a state issue and can use federal agencies for help. Trump can not dictate how the states handle it.

Blog Entries

How the state handles the virus is a state issue and can use federal agencies for help. Trump can not dictate how the states handle it.
    I don’t believe that argument will fly, but we will see in November.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I don’t believe that argument will fly, but we will see in November.

That’s the sad part. It doesn’t mater if people buy it. It’s how it works and should work. You shouldn’t want Trump to be able to dictate how states handle things. What if he said mask don’t worked and outlawed them, you’d rightfully be pissed about that. You can’t have it both ways.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Do you seriously believe that anyone outside of Trump’s base is going to believe that he bears no responsibility for his Administration’s response to this pandemic? IMO, Trump’s failure of leadership during this pandemic is what is going to cost him this election.
    Gee, I guess this didn't happen all around the world only here in the good old USA. That's where citizens (even non-citizens) expect the government to always be their daddy and mama so they don't have to take personal responsibility themselves. I also suppose those "protesting", rioting, not wearing masks because it's their right, and not social distancing had anything to do with it? SMH... Bc

Blog Entries

I don’t regard a global pandemic to be a state issue, and I suspect neither do most people in this country. There is a reason why we have federal health agencies like the CDC, HHS, NIH, CMS, and the FDA. All of these federal health agencies are governed by the Executive Branch of the federal government, and are thus a part of Trump’s Administration.

Anyway, we aren’t going to change each other’s minds, so we will just have to wait and see what happens in November.

Yes, to support the states.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

He can also not add fuel to the fire by undermining what the governors are doing via Twitter though.

Belgium? Really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Belgium? Really?

Surprised me too