Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict the extent of persecution of Trump once he leaves office

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Not sure why you would believe this. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by about 3 million votes, but won the Presidency by 77,000 votes across PA, MI, and WI combined. That is a razor thin margin.

Biden doesn’t have Hillary Clinton’s negatives, and Trump hasn’t even tried to reach out to anyone outside of his base during the past four years. Plus, the death toll from COVID-19 will likely approach 200k by Election Day.

I think that Biden wins this election provided he performs as well in the debates against Trump as he did against Bernie. It won’t take much for Biden to exceed expectations with Independents in the debates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He doesn’t have Hilarity’s negatives? Like supporting segregation, authoring the Clinton crime bill, saying “if you vote for Trump you ain’t black”, not being able to get out a coherent sentence... you know he prefers truth over fact and all.

Sad day when people are okay with this and think not drooling on yourself in a debate is a good day.

Predict the extent of persecution of Trump once he leaves office

Not sure why you would believe this. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by about 3 million votes, but won the Presidency by 77,000 votes across PA, MI, and WI combined. That is a razor thin margin.

Biden doesn’t have Hillary Clinton’s negatives, and Trump hasn’t even tried to reach out to anyone outside of his base during the past four years. Plus, the death toll from COVID-19 will likely approach 200k by Election Day.

I think that Biden wins this election provided he performs as well in the debates against Trump as he did against Bernie. It won’t take much for Biden to exceed expectations with Independents in the debates.

Biden will win the presidential election. Easily. Likely to win Florida and Arizona and need only 77,000 votes to win the 3 swing states in the north.

The thing to watch is the senate battles. Biden can’t do much without having a majority in the senate. That is where the battleground actually is. IF you talk to many GOP pollsters, they concede that there are many ways for Biden to win BUT that the senate is where the focus needs to be.

Can the GOP get small r republicans to vote for them in the Senate, while they still vote out Trump.

Blog Entries

Plus, the death toll from COVID-19 will likely approach 200k by Election Day.

If one didn’t know better it’s almost like some are rooting for that, so they can blame Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If one didn’t know better it’s almost like some are rooting for that, so they can blame Trump.
    I am not rooting for that at all. I want this virus gone as much as anyone. However, Trump’s leadership or lack there of during this pandemic will be a prominent campaign issue as it would be with any President.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I am not rooting for that at all. I want this virus gone as much as anyone. However, Trump’s leadership or lack there of during this pandemic will be a prominent campaign issue as it would be with any President.

Right. Cause a) you have no concept of federalism and b) it was his policy that put sick patients in nursing homes in the hardest hit states...

Blog Entries

Right. Cause a) you have no concept of federalism and b) it was his policy that put sick patients in nursing homes in the hardest hit states...
    Sorry, I forgot. The buck stops anywhere but with Trump. He is the President who isn’t responsible for anything.

Last edited by Dirt1; 07-24-2020 at 10:39 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Sorry, I forgot. The buck stops anywhere but with Trump. The is the President who isn’t responsible for anything.

Not in state issues it isn't. I don't think the federal government should be interfering very much in my town so I don't blame them when things in my town go awry. A quarter of the deaths for Wuhan flu came from New York. Thanks to genetic tracing we know that most of the cases of Wuhan flu in the U.S. propagated in New York. Perhaps I forgot, but who was it that told New Yorkers to go out and ignore the shelter at home order from President Trump? Specifically told them to go hang out in China Town. Wasn't that a democrat?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Not in state issues it isn't. I don't think the federal government should be interfering very much in my town so I don't blame them when things in my town go awry. A quarter of the deaths for Wuhan flu came from New York. Thanks to genetic tracing we know that most of the cases of Wuhan flu in the U.S. propagated in New York. Perhaps I forgot, but who was it that told New Yorkers to go out and ignore the shelter at home order from President Trump? Specifically told them to go hang out in China Town. Wasn't that a democrat?
    Do you seriously believe that anyone outside of Trump’s base is going to believe that he bears no responsibility for his Administration’s response to this pandemic? IMO, Trump’s failure of leadership during this pandemic is what is going to cost him this election.

Blog Entries

Do you seriously believe that anyone outside of Trump’s base is going to believe that he bears no responsibility for his Administration’s response to this pandemic? IMO, Trump’s failure of leadership during this pandemic is what is going to cost him this election.

Oh no I believe that. There’s a reason civics is no longer taught in schools.

Blog Entries

Oh no I believe that. There’s a reason civics is no longer taught in schools.
    I don’t regard a global pandemic to be a state issue, and I suspect neither do most people in this country. There is a reason why we have federal health agencies like the CDC, HHS, NIH, CMS, and the FDA. All of these federal health agencies are governed by the Executive Branch of the federal government, and are thus a part of Trump’s Administration.

Anyway, we aren’t going to change each other’s minds, so we will just have to wait and see what happens in November.

Blog Entries

I don’t regard a global pandemic to be a state issue, and I suspect neither do most people in this country. There is a reason why we have federal health agencies like the CDC, HHS, NIH, CMS, and the FDA. All of these federal health agencies are governed by the Executive Branch of the federal government, and are thus a part of Trump’s Administration.

Anyway, we aren’t going to change each other’s minds, so we will just have to wait and see what happens in November.

What’s your thoughts on sending federal law enforcement to these cities that are still rioting?

Blog Entries

What’s your thoughts on sending federal law enforcement to these cities that are still rioting?
    They have a right to be there, but only to protect federal property. They cannot be there to police a city or to put down a riot. Otherwise, that move runs afoul of posse comitatus IMO.