Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Civil War

Blog Entries

Re: Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    You want to prevent a civil war? Eliminate all cable news channels and social media networks. It's gotten to the point where the detriments far outway the benefits.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We've been in a civil war for years, politically and culturally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Those people are whack jobs but in no way represent how almost all Americans actually behave in public. The people who foment this strife in those cities are not in any way shape or form a majority. The crazy ideas are out there and being discussed, however, I cannot see this in reality going into an armed civil war as Wicked is concerned over. There is not doubt large sectors of the population want change, but cannot imagine The Purge coming true...
    It isn't just the wack jobs that would be on the other side of this war: Since Trump has been elected, we've seen a LOT of people coming out of the wood-works to keep power. Whether you agree with the outcome or not, it is highly proven that the intelligence community tried to set up a candidate for president and tried to oust him. There were people in the State Department poised to make up testimony to oust an elected president. Right now, if you do not support BLM in every facet, you are deemed a seething racist, and could potentially lose your job it it became public.

The people trying to burn down police stations are the grunts. There are people working at many levels to sow discord right now in the United States. Hell, you could drag a Marxist Manifesto through a college campus and pull 30 communist professors out of their buildings to follow it lovingly... THAT is a HUGE problem. Not everyone in an army shoots a gun... very few do in fact. The people that are the front lines are being organized... funded... the media is providing them complete cover as a narrative... department heads in the current government are trying to overthrow elections within their own country.

Yeah buddy... there is DEFINITELY some sort of conflict coming. I'm praying cooler heads prevail... but a lot of average citizens who usually don't care much for politics are getting dragged into it and they are NOT liking what they are seeing. My friends that are military vets are all VERY interested in taking out some of these protesters. There are a LOT of people that would love to beat the crap out of Acosta, or Don Lemon... or any of those people. There are a lot of people that openly think that James Comey, Clapper, McCabe, and Strzok should be hung for treason...
    The people that secretly want these things are not even in a small minority any more and they are getting restless that none of it is happening right now. They might not post it on Social Media. They might only share it with their close friends or neighbors... but there is a LARGE percentage of the population that is getting REALLY pissed at this ongoing anarchy, and the lefts complete support of it.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

I think people need to appreciate that the use of the term "Civil War" is going to evoke very specific and different meaning to people based on their race. I wanted to stay off this thread as my instincts told me not to be associated with it but when I saw how visceral and dark one of the posters got I felt like I had to chime in. While it may mean more culture war, left vs right, liberal vs conservative to some here, the term "Civil War" means black vs white, specifically white enslaving black to some. I don't think that was the intention of the OP but that's my observation. It's like people in an argument where the sides are not sharing the same perceptual reality. I'm not sure a thread like this does anything but fan flames and harden lines that don't need to be and shouldn't be hardened. I've asserted on other threads today that i think some of what we are seeing today is based on a perception of persecution that is not entirely justified based on what is actually happening or rather when placed in the context of all police involved fatalities/misconduct it looks entirely different.

Some of the worst things that happen often happen as a result of misunderstandings.

That's all I wanted to say.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    I think people need to understand that the use of the term "Civil War" is going to evoke very specific and different meaning to people based on their race. I wanted to stay off this thread as my instincts told me not to be associated with it but when I saw how visceral and dark one of the posters got I felt like I had to chime in. While it may mean more culture war, left vs right, liberal vs conservative to some here, the term "Civil War" means black vs white, specifically white enslaving black to some. I don't think that was the intention of the OP but that's my observation. It's like people in an argument where the sides are not sharing the same perceptual reality. I'm not sure a thread like this does anything but fan flames and harden lines that don't need to be and shouldn't be hardened. I've asserted on other threads today that i think some of what we are seeing today is based on a perception of persecution that is not entirely justified based on what is actually happening or rather when placed in the context of all police involved fatalities/misconduct it looks entirely different.

Some of the worst things that happen often happen as a result of misunderstandings.

That's all I wanted to say.
    To me, civil war is not race based. It's just two different groups (or more) against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    To me, civil war is not race based. It's just two different groups (or more) against each other.
    Exactly. The way yours and my brain interpret that word in the context of this board and the times could be very different than others. I was disturbed by what one guy here was posting and trying to understand it. It was so dreary, dark and out there I thought there must be a reason and that's all I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly! Unfortunately the far left Democratic Nut balls have pushed this racial bias narrative so far that its all these unintelligent mindless brainwashed zombies now see.

There is something seriously wrong with this country the way its going and I honestly cannot remember a time in my life where I have seen this country politically so Fu**ED up that I cant imagine it getting worse but each passing day it seems to be going that way.

If there is some civil unrest I know what side I will be on and it sure as hell will not be on the side of idiotic ignorance that has unfolded over the past 3-4 months.

8. Re: Civil War

Not sure where to put this, but here it is. Just some commentary about people not expressing their political beliefs. Sounds familiar to 2016 to me. Oh, the polls.

https://www.cato.org/publications/su...q37KMOwqRRPNGg

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but here it is. Just some commentary about people not expressing their political beliefs. Sounds familiar to 2016 to me. Oh, the polls.

People are doxxed, fired from their jobs, beaten in the streets, and even murdered for expressing even modestly centrist political views.

And they are arrested and charged with crimes if they dare defend themselves.

The left isn't really leaving sane people a whole lot of options here.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post

I don't like to share them because I understand it's upsetting to people I genuinely like and am able to compartmentalize that in a way that allows me to be friends and appreciate them as friends and neighbors. There is something primitive and tribal about politics that is not all that different than rooting for a particular sports franchise.

Afraid doesn't necessarily imply shame, fear of retribution etc.. but can imply that you recognize we don't always agree about everything and people have strong feelings about things, politics in particular, and we don't need to resolve that to function and coexist.

That's okay though.

We all have one vote. That's all we have. You cast your vote, you get your say.

Outside of that everything else is not much more than mastur***on.

I come here to fling pooh at my "political adversaries" (who I might add could be my friends and neighbors and tbh mostly are not that radically different in what they believe regardless of how I act here) and engage in "amiright?" with like minded people. It's fun. It's sport. It's a safe way we can exchange ideas and poke at each other without burning down our neighborhoods.