Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Peanut just made plays

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Tucker would be the best. (Unless you're talking ILBs only.)

I loved Zach Orr. He was a lot better than Peanut in my opinion. It was a terrible luck for him and the Ravens that he had to retire.
    Shit man. Forgot Tucker was an UDFA, but great call. It's very possible Scott made more money though either of them though.

Regardless, fun thread. I've always loved that our fan base still wishes the best for our guys once they leave. And it's mutual. Almost nobody leaves here with anything bad to say about the fans or the organization. Hoping Tygod finds a nice new home in LA with a talented roster and a fresh start.

Living in Chicago it's so easy to see the difference between our team, our fans and our ownership compared to here. We thoroughly outclass this town in all those areas.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Would it be accurate to say he's the second most successful UDFA behind Bart Scott?

You guys remember the truly forgotten man Zachary Orr? Poor dude never got that pay day due to that neck issue.

I would say Dannell Ellerbe holds the title as second best UDFA Linebacker. Dude was probably a top 3 defensive player on the Super bowl team.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Tucker would be the best. (Unless you're talking ILBs only.)
    That Priest Holmes guy was pretty good too.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Kelly Gregg?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Peanut just made plays

Tucker was IMO our #1 UDFA, followed by Kaare Vedvik who we received a 5th round pick from the Vikings for (LOL)... Bc

He was a player that splashed at times, but this year in particular, he was a wild freelancer who couldn't find consistency. Some of his plays really were WTF are you doing moments...the first Browns game in particular was REALLY bad for him. I think he can be ok as sidekick to a disciplined pro bowl level LB. But if he has to take on that type of role, he way too often trying to do too much.

He was an "eh" player for me. Jets are paying him close to the vet min which is about right considering his play last year.

I do feel bad for him to a degree...I think he and the team were negotiating a longer term, solid starter paying contract and he bet on himself and lost. He gets another shot this year/
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Patrick Queen will be Peanut on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Tucker was IMO our #1 UDFA, followed by Kaare Vedvik who we received a 5th round pick from the Vikings for (LOL)... Bc
    I really love Decosta

I liked Peanut but always figured he'd move onto another team.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Patrick Queen will be Peanut on steroids.
    Long as he doesn't get caught like Nick Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That Priest Holmes guy was pretty good too.
    I wonder how many Ravens fans even know he had a 1000 yard season with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Would it be accurate to say he's the second most successful UDFA behind Bart Scott?

You guys remember the truly forgotten man Zachary Orr? Poor dude never got that pay day due to that neck issue.

Orr's 2016 season > Peanut's career. The Ravens are taking care of him - he's on staff.

Peanut is like the 5th or 6th best UDFA Ravens LB.... and that's impressive.