Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Peanut just made plays

I've been watching replays of all of LJ's games and the one thing that sticks out in these games is Peanut was a play maker. whether it was stripping the ball at a crucial time or tackles for losses he always seem to attack the ball. the guy was cheap, an undrafted FA out of Portland State, and played a position of need. i've got to believe he was in harbaughs dog house for some reason.

Half of the Jets roster must be made up of old Ravens. Dixon, Canady, Lewis, Peanut, daniel brown from Madison, Bennet Jackson(glad to see he is still in the league), Kafusi(good luck with him), Breshard Perriman and of course Joe Flacco and CJ Mosley.

I know one of the Jets front office guys is from the Ravens but the guy must track the Ravens practice squad and cut wire 24/7.

Re: Peanut just made plays

I really liked him. His play against the Falcons where he just ran over a lineman and stripped Ryan was one of my favorite plays of that year. I was little surprised we let him go, although I don't know what the Jets are paying him

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I like peanut a lot. More than most. Love every undrafted guy because A) making the team as UDFA has gotta feel even better than getting drafted and you really really beat the odds. B) It shows how strong our scouting is that we find these diamonds in the rough every season.

But I think it also shows that in a franchise where you can usually find talent at linebacker, in the draft or undrafted or mid season pickups like Fort and Bynes, you don't pay guys to stay. You can't, especially inside linebackers which aren't even in as high demand these days.

You could have a worse strategy than hiring former Ravens. Winning cultures need to start with veterans and i think they've gotten a handful of great guys to build around in the Jets. Gase is absolute hot garbage but I really don't think they're screwing the pooch on player personnel outside of dudes not wanting to deal with Gase.

Prediction: Jets finish 4th in the AFC East. Peanut and Mosley reunited have standout seasons leading a decent, mid ranked, defense. But the contracts hold up to value.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I've been watching replays of all of LJ's games and the one thing that sticks out in these games is Peanut was a play maker. whether it was stripping the ball at a crucial time or tackles for losses he always seem to attack the ball. the guy was cheap, an undrafted FA out of Portland State, and played a position of need. i've got to believe he was in harbaughs dog house for some reason.
    I think Peanut just gambled all the time. Sometimes it worked and looked great, sometimes it didn't. We didn't notice the misses so much when CJ was there to clean it up but last year it looked disastrous. He was out of position, read plays wrongly and took bad angles. My heart sunk every time he took the field because bad things always seemed to happen.

I think he'll look much better next year when he's reunited with Moseley.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Peanut just gambled all the time. Sometimes it worked and looked great, sometimes it didn't. We didn't notice the misses so much when CJ was there to clean it up but last year it looked disastrous. He was out of position, read plays wrongly and took bad angles. My heart sunk every time he took the field because bad things always seemed to happen.

I think he'll look much better next year when he's reunited with Moseley.
    That's fair. I really need to start watching the full 22 version. And sometimes in slow motion to really absorb things.

Marcus Peters is a gambler too. Hope it wins more than it loses next year.

He reached his Peter Principle with the Green Dot. This additional responsibility caused a reduction in instinct and then his confidence once he was relieved of that duty.

This along with Mosley gone as mentioned above led to his regression then departure

Blog Entries

Peanut flashed at times. But his instincts (false steps) and coverage were spotty. Not a bad player though. Fully expect Queen and Harrison will make you forget Peanut.

He's a success story as far as UDFAs go already. Had a darn good 2018 season, but pairing him with Kenny Young to begin 2019 was an awful move. Best wishes for him moving forward in New York with the Ravens Lite team. If the Jets can get his 2018 season out of him in 2020 (59 tackles, 8 TFL, 12 QB hits, 5.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD) they got value.

I also liked Peanut, or he was in over his head with the Green Dot. I think he should have been kept with the addition of more veteran ILB, or someone else again the Dot.

The best think about Peanut's departure was that it forced the team to put Chuck Clark on the field, and get the defense to get.

Why were they resistant to getting Chuck on the field in the first place?

Jaylon Ferguson is gonna make us forget all about this guy or the rookies

Would it be accurate to say he's the second most successful UDFA behind Bart Scott?

You guys remember the truly forgotten man Zachary Orr? Poor dude never got that pay day due to that neck issue.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Would it be accurate to say he's the second most successful UDFA behind Bart Scott?

You guys remember the truly forgotten man Zachary Orr? Poor dude never got that pay day due to that neck issue.
    I think Tucker would be the best. (Unless you're talking ILBs only.)

I loved Zach Orr. He was a lot better than Peanut in my opinion. It was a terrible luck for him and the Ravens that he had to retire.